e-mail help wanted

Originally Posted By: rfrench
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

could anyone explain how I can e-mail my report forms (created on Word) to my clients?

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted By: jpope

It’s simple Rich. Just “attach” it to the email. If there are many pictures, you may have to “zip” it up. I’ll be in your area Monday if you want me to drop by.

Jeff Pope

JPI Home Inspection Service

“At JPI, we’ll help you look better”

(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: jpeck

It is best to convert to a .pdf document and not send the Word .doc file.

You can do this with the Adobe Writer (the best, but most expensive) program to create .pdf files, or with any of the other .pdf writers / converters.

The Adobe .pdf is the standard for documents on the Internet. Word .doc files can contain viruses and many people do not open .doc files for that reason.

Also, by converting to .pdf, your document is more secure (Not as readily changed by others) and your reader does not have to have Word to read it. The Adobe Acrobat Reader for .pdf files is FREE as a download, and most people already have it on their computer in other software.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Thanks Jerry, I already have the PDF and was sending the report to my website for my client to review but it has never worked properly. I can’t send two reports and photos at the same time. I’ve given up on the website and would like to e-mail them instead. Guess I’m just to inexperienced with computers to use the PDF.

Jeff, what a generous offer to come by my office to help. This should show those other guys & girls in other associations that NACHI is the place to be.

Unfortunately or fortunately I have inspections ordered and will be unavailable but I really appreciate your kind gesture.

Bet you can guide me thru it with this mb.

Thanks again.

Monday I’ve got a 9 am inspection in San Dimas and a 1 pm in Monrovia icon_biggrin.gif

What are you using as your email program?

--
Jeff Pope
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

I only have my AOL e-mail address. Is there a better way to go?

If you’ve got Word, then you should have Microsoft Outlook. I prefer Outlook Express if you’ve got that available. AOL is so “unsocial.” I’m not sure if MO can be configured for it.

Look for it in your Programs and try to set it up.

--
Jeff Pope
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

I’ve got Outlet Express but it will take me awhile to figure it out. I’ll try tomorrow. My e-mail address is akabuz@aol.com

Thanks for your help

Buz

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Richard,

You are sending two reports, and photos, to the same person? Or am I not picking up on something I should be?

If your photos are not re-sized smaller (say down to 640x480), your file size may be too large for your server or their server. My reports, with small 640x480 photos, average about 15-50 MB in size, so they are just way too large to most e-mail servers (who usually give less than 1-5 MB server space per e-mail account, unless you pay for extra space). So I put them on my web site and provide user name and password access to them.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: Jeffrey Wortham

You can always open up a Hotmail account if it’s something you need to get out right away. Doesn’t require you do any configuring to your email settings in OE and will work fine.

I wouldn't use it as a permanent solution though!

Jerry P,

I meant two reports and two sets of photos (usually two pages of photos with six photos per page). When I try to put them on my website it will take two reports but only one page of photos. I must be doing something wrong and it’s so frustrating (I’m the old 71 yo HI dude) that’s why I want to try e-mailing the reports and photos.

Thanks for your interest.

Richard

Originally Posted By: Vince Santos

rfrench wrote:
Jeff, what a generous offer to come by my office to help. This should show those other guys & girls in other associations that NACHI is the place to be.
Unfortunately or fortunately I have inspections ordered and will be unavailable but I really appreciate your kind gesture.
Bet you can guide me thru it with this mb.
Thanks again.

These guys are the most helpful I have come across as a new HI. So why am I not a member yet? Well, I plan to attend the meeting coming up this month in St. Joseph Michigan so I can get a better feel. But if NACHI members are so willing to assist a non-member like myself, as they have been...well it just shows they are very sincere. NACHI has definitely got my vote thus far. ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

--
Desire is half of life, indifference is half of death.
--Kahlil Gibran