E & O Insurance through Towers Perrin

Originally Posted By: jferry
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

There seems to be some confusion regarding the purchase of E & O insurance through the NACHI portal.

Just to clarify - a member CAN get a quote without BUYING the policy.

He can go back as many times as he'd like to change deductibles/limits/options - and get quotes. As long as he doesn't hit the "Buy..." button he is not purchasing the policy. Nothing is being electronically signed until he actually hits that button. AND if the policy comes in higher than their quoted estimation he is not obligated to purchase the policy.

If this needs further clarification, please let me know. We are trying to make this benefit as user friendly as possible.

Originally Posted By: jferry

Only 99 folks read this?

Originally Posted By: cmccann

How can you claim that someone is obligated to pay anything, when they never get to read the full policy?

I hit the submit button, and then later decided that I needed to change my options, and when my options were not met and my questions could not be answered I decided to pass. You can't obligate someone to pay for insurance when they don't know what there getting. Your trying to get people to obligate themselves for a quote, and that's okay, but you can't obligate anyone to pay.