E/O insurance

Originally Posted By: samuel Hensley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif This is Sam dose anyone out there know of any E/O insurance available to an home inspector in Tennessee.

Originally Posted By: lfranklin

Sam all reasonable insurance coverage has come from out side the state. Make sure they can do business in TN. Three that can is FREA in Cal, Allen in Ga and D&S in Oh. Before you pay make sure they provide the coverage you need.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Sam,

If you are just starting out, Griffith Insurance gives great insurance rates although I am not sure they write policies in Tenn. One drawback to the great rate is that this policy does not cover the real estate agent for negligent referrals.

Joe F. has stated in several of his posts on this BB that FREA is a good source of E & O Insurance and I think they write policies in any state. They are more expensive because they include the negligent referral insurance for the agent.

Both of these companies also provide payment plan options.

Hope this helps.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: lfranklin

Joseph

Where is Griffith Insurance? How do you contact them?

Originally Posted By: chorne

Hi Guys,

I am new to NACHI, and looking forward to being a member.

My E&O just went up 40 0/0, rates are 2600 for $500,000

Is that comparable to anyone else for a claims made policy?

Hi nick

Carla

Carla,

Usually when you come accross the higher priced insurance policies that means they are providing agents that refer you with negligent referral insurance. I think I pay $1500 a year but that does not include the negligent referral insurance. Sounds like that is what happened to you.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: chorne

Hi Joe

Thanks for the response

Do you have any companies in mind that I can contact?

Does NACHI have any group plans as an organization?

talk to you soon

Carla ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Carla,

Try this link, it can be found on the NACHI home page.

http://nachi.org/insurance.htm

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: WILLIE

Joe Myers: You stated that FREA is more expensive than others. I thought they were the lowest that I could find. Who is lower?

This Ole House-Home Inspections Serving the Texas Coastal Bend out of Rockport Texas

Griffith is the lowest we have found… I don’t think they write policies in states other than PA. FREA sounds good to me and I know several members that are very happy with them. I don’t think they are the lowest but they do offer a lot for the money. If you are looking for cheaper do a search I think Brad just posted another carrier that sounded pretty good, with good rates.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jremas

This is primarily a PA issue but anyone please chirp in. OK, so I have a pretty good E&O Insurance policy for a good price like Joe M. However, we are limited with termite inspections to 25% of gross sales. I don’t even know if radon is covered anymore after reading it a few times. The problem in PA is that in order to do FHA termite inspections, you must have a pesticide applicator’s insurance. Otherwise, the Dept of agriculture will not give you a license number, even if you pass the same tests as the rest of the bug guys. I don’t want to do application but our state does not separate applicator from inspector only. Joe, maybe we need to have Nick lobby the Dept of agriculture. Since we are also limited in the amount we can do it puts us in a uncomfortable situation. Mold testing is a big no-no and our policy clearly states that. FREA costs about a $1,000 more and you have to pay extra for the termite coverage, but in PA you still cannot get a license because FREA does not offer pesticide applicators insurance, the extra you pay is to be covered for inspections. My question is who offers a comprehensive policy that does not cost an arm & a leg, but has all the coverages we need? Are there any riders that can be added for pesticide application?

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY