EARN MONEY

Originally Posted By: qualitycheck
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

WHAT A GREAT IDEA TO GET MORE INVOLVEMENT. I AM CURRENTLY FORMING A LOCAL CHAPTER IN THE PITTSBURGH AREA. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CONTACT ME AT QUALITYCHK@CS.COM

ALSO, TRY GETTING YOUR LOCAL PAPER TO DO AN AD IN THE "PEOPLE IN THE NEWS SECTION". ITS USUALLY FREE.
SPONSORSHIP IS ALSO A GOOD IDEA. NOT ONLY A BALL TEAM, BUT YOUR LOCAL HIGHSCHOOL BAND BOOSTERS,CHURCH GROUPS, AND OTHER FUNDRAISERS.

TO NICK: AS AN INCENTIVE FOR THE LOCAL CHAPTERS, CAN YOU OFFER EDUCATIONAL CREDITS FOR ATTENDANCE?? HOW ABOUT SOME FREE LITERATURE OR VIDEOS FOR THE MEETINGS??(EDUCATIONAL)

WHY DOSENT NACHI OFFER TEE SHIRTS OR HAT TO MEMBERS FOR A FEE.
OR AN OFFICIAL MEMBERSHIP CARD.

TO ALL INSPECTORS: ITS UP TO US TO MAKE THIS ALL WORK. KNOW THE PA LAWS, AND BE READY TO DEFEND OUR POSITION TO WARY REALTORS AND CUSTOMERS.

NICK: ARE YOU CONSIDERING AN INEXPENSIVE CONVENTION FOR US MEMBERS??
HOW ABOUT A LIVE CHAT ROOM?

LETS MAKE NACHI THE FIRST NAME IN THE HOME INSPECTIO BUSINESS!!

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

Check out the “Employment Opportunities” link on NACHI.org about some of the things qualitycheck mentioned.

As for Tee's and Hats -- we have some, but never thought to market 'em. If there's enough demand I'm sure I can talk Nick into ordering some more. I wear my NACHI tee-shirt all the time. Actually, I was once at a concert wearing it, and someone noticed it and gave me a thumbs-up. Sorta nice to see that people recognize us ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Membership cards are a good idea. We're sort-of working on the whole membership system, so maybe we'll implement that. Hopefully we'll also have online sign-up/renewal/change of info/et cetera soon.

As for a convention, check out the "What's New" link on NACHI.org. As stated there, there will be a 100% free convention in philly next year. We pretty much decided that if we're going to have conventions, they have to follow the NACHI spirit of "a lot for a little." We'll be working out the details hopefully over this month, if all goes well.

All of your suggestions are good ones. Hope your Pittsburgh Chapter works out.

One suggestion -- you might want to turn off the caps-lock. It's essentially internet-shouting.

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://8I7EwWeBl8MJj4jXoRhRHXxMRsn.html)

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!!!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

We’d love more input on designs. If you want to try to draw it out, you have to use a special space if you don’t want it to be justified left. Hold the “Alt” button and type “0160” on you keypad. That will input what looks like a normal space, but it’s special. You can then copy it and just use Ctrl+V to paste it wherever needed.

I'll talk to Nick about what we want, and we'll probably get back to you pretty soon.

--
Chris Morrell

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Igor:

Feel free to design, print, and sell NACHI wear on www.nachi.org. This is your association...don't be shy about it.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Igor,

I can spit pretty far, buy Glen Spey NY is out of range for me!

Joe F

Igor

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Igor:

"Inspecting a home is no time to go cheap
Insist on a NACHI Home Inspector"

I'll buy the first 50 shirts.

Nick

Igor

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: jremas

Hey Nick, Thanks for the super quick response with the checks you sent me. Within 2 days I received a check from NACHI for my 100th post and a check for the 2 questions you accepted from me for the NIE. Thanks again. Wow, this really works!

As for NACHI stuff – I’m setting up a NACHI merchandise page that will include Pullovers, Vests, Jackets, Sweatshirts, Long-Sleeve T-Shirts, T-Shirts, Stickers, Mugs, Mousepads, Caps, Wall Clocks, Posters, Calendars, Postcards, Greeting Cards, License Plate Frames, Bags, and more (We have the option of doing thongs, anyone interested? icon_smile.gif)

This is more long-term, but should be around soon enough -- I just have to get a few designs together.

--
Chris Morrell

Originally Posted By: rwills

Chris, Put me down for one thong, Double Extra Large please! icon_eek.gif

Hmm… I don’t think they make your size, Bob.

Chris Morrell

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Put me down for some of the NACHI thongs. There’s been one or two women at almost every inspection and most of the realtors around here are women.

Yes, I'm egotistical enough to think they'll like the view. Can I have a different color for each day of the week?

Erby