Earthquake!!

Earthquake? What earthquake? That was the real estate market hitting rock bottom! :wink:

We felt it in our office in San Diego. It shook for a couple seconds. Being from the east coast (Delaware), and having lived out here for 2.5 years, that was the first time I’ve experienced anything like that. Kind of eerie.

That was a small one Ben, just wait until they hit the 6.0+ mark!

That’s what I’ve been told. People are looking at my strange now that I wear a helmet at all times :wink:

HAHAHA. Add 2 beer cans and a straw and maybe you can get away with not telling them your fear :slight_smile:

When I was living in Portland, OR a few years ago we would get an occasional tremblor or a mountain would blow up. The company I worked for had a bull-pen area where 8-10 engineers worked and one of them, Paul, was from Wisconsin or somewhere and had not been exposed to such natural oddities before. Once, we had a small tremblor and Paul’s eyes got big as saucers and he pretty much freaked out. A week or so later the other engineers rigged up a small vibrating device to Paul’s desk and, once a week or so, would set the vibrator off. Paul would get all excited…“Did you feel that?, Did you? Did you?” and was known to leave the building and go to the parking lot to be safe. All the other engineers kept quite and didn’t let on and it took Paul about 3 months and 5-6 ‘earthquakes’ to realize he was being pranked.

That is effing priceless!!! So glad nobody has pulled that crap on me. I would’ve bought into it too probably.

Hahaha, that’s awesome. We also get the same house shaking affect when guys come through our neighborhood at 2am with their bass cranked up. Been a few times where you think there is an earthquake going on and turns out not to be (especially if you have sound proof windows and only feel the vibrations).

Nothing that a pellet gun can’t solve.

True, or a paint gun :smiley: What worked well was joining the association board for our condo complex (all separate homes, but still considered condos) and sending them $50, $100, $150 fines! Then helping to push through a noise ordinance for the city and having the cops wait outside the complex.

I was inspecting a home in Pearblossom, CA and had just turned the heater on when the quake hit. My client looked at me and said, “What is that?” I looked at her and said, " I hope it’s an earthquake, otherwise we’ve got bigger problems!"

Hahaha