The Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectors (EBPHI) seeks three home inspectors to serve the profession as members of the Board of Directors for a two-year term beginning January 24, 2011. The deadline for applications is May 15, 2010. The application form is available at www.homeinspectionexam.org or by email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectorsï¿½ (EBPHI) is an independent not-for-profit organization whose mission is to establish the standard of competence for home inspectors and to enhance consumer confidence in home inspection professionals. EBPHI, founded in 1999, maintains and administers the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE), a content-valid examination for use by regulatory bodies in assessing competency for regulatory purposes.
EBPHI is governed by a board of directors whose members represent home inspectors and the home buying public. Directors are expected to:
- At all times advocate and promote use of the National Home Inspector Examination in regulatory processes in their own states, in other states and in federal regulation as needed.
- Promptly and thoughtfully respond to issues and concerns brought before the Board at any time.
- Diligently strive to educate themselves on the science of psychometrics (test development), to ensure that the National Home Inspector Examination remains credible, valid, reliable and defensible.
- Participate in two in-person meetings each year and in conference call meetings as needed.
- Be available to present information about EBPHI and the NHIE to legislators, regulators, home inspectors and others to enhance acceptance of the examination.
In accordance with EBPHI’s Bylaws and policies, home inspectors who wish to serve on the EBPHI Board must:
- Have passed the National Home Inspector Examination.
- Currently be an active, fee-paid home inspector and have been so for the past five years.
- Not engage in home inspector training, education or publication of training materials during their tenure, nor for a period of six months after leaving the Board. Exceptions may be granted by the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and experience within the home inspection profession.
- May not participate on any governing body of a national home inspector association while a member of the Board of Directors.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality in all matters pertaining to EBPHI.
- Be available and commit to participate in at least three-fourths of duly called board meetings.
- Possess education and/or training relevant to the home inspection profession and/or examination development.
- Be willing to submit to a background check of factual information presented in the Application.
- Submit a complete Board of Directors Application.
All interested home inspectors who meet the above criteria are urged to apply. The application form is available for download at www.homeinspectionexam.org ; by email to email@example.com ; or by calling 847-298-7750.