electret charger

Originally Posted By: rwills
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I recently read somewhere on the this site that Nick had built his own electret re-charger and inquired about it. Nick says he would build one for NACHI members! Contact Nick directly if interested. Thanks, Bob W.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

OK It’s built, but a dangerous S.O.B. to use. I’ll work on making it safer to operate. I can recharge electrets for you guys for free now. We could probably offer this as another member benefit but would have to charge (no play on words intended) something if we get swamped with discharged electrets. I hate the sound of charging for anything as our reputation for helping our membership (not bleeding it) has become well known recently.

What should I do?

Nick

WANTED: Electret reader. It would be nice to verify the voltage on the electrets before we return them. If anyone has one to sell contact me at nick.gromicko@nachi.org

Nick

Originally Posted By: rwills

Nick, I have a few spent electrets that need charging. What is the address to send them to you? Also, I don’t have a reader for sale but if the electret owners want to foot the shipping charge to and fro, I would be glad to read them and print out a spec sheet for them. Thanks, BW

I’m trying to buy us another reader. Anyway, just ship to NACHI and I’ll charge them up.

Nick