Electrical clarification

I deleted the post as I felt uncomfortable with the other inspectors pictures and it had the clients name.
If I get the opportunity to inspect this home I may re-post, sorry for the confusion on my part!!

Sorry I would never got involved with another’s inspection via pictures .
You can be sure to miss things and could get to be the fall guy.
Yes I see errors but no way can I be sure to see all the things wrong.

Roy

Seems like the more I look into the electrical the more potential errors are present.

Just looking for some insight. Thanks for the post.
I am not trying to rip on the inspector, just looking for clarification.

I was called last week to inspect a home that was previously inspected for the same client but the first inspector would not release the report as he was falsely reporting and would not answer some basic questions to the client.

Lots of new inspectors being cranked out and are not reporting correctly.

Squared D breakers allow double taps as shown.

The real issue with double tapping breakers is not the breaker or the “hot terminal” but rather the neutral or return wire. Quite often “neutrals” are bundled within j boxes and when they are, the potential for a direct 240v is greater and often goes unrecognized as they are usually buried. The temperature of a 240v can be in excess of 800 degrees and the potential for fire then is also greater.

The confusion is that many only recognize the hot as being the positive or live current. The negative leg also carries current as it is the “return” for the electrical current to complete the loop or circuit.

Which has nothing to do with whether of not a circuit breaker has the necessary hardware and is rated to accept more than one wire at its terminal.

But thanks for bloviating. I guess. :roll::roll:

There is no positive or negative in AC circuits.

Two hots on a breaker does not automatically introduce a possibility of 240. It could be two xx-2 cables going in different directions. The possibility of 240 is on mwbc’s which are in the minority.

You posted this in another thread word for word so I guess you must be copying and pasting. Its wrong as others have said.

Depends on who wired the circuit…?
If someone is inclined to double tap a single breaker we can assume they are not familiar with the potential of sharing the ground (neutral) of the two circuits… That’s the potential problem that may exist. Recommend the entire home be evaluated by a licensed electrician is what is appropriate.

WE can assume no such thing.

If two cables were used there is no sharing of the neutral.

BTW, neutral and ground are not the same and the terms are not interchangeable. The neutral is more properly called the grounded conductor. Ground is used more to denote the grounding conductor.