Originally Posted By: gjohnson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
I hope that Dan Frend posts some pictures tommorow. He did an inspection for a house that my wife and I are buying. He and I were having a blast checking out the handy man wiring in the house. A couple of examples.
1. A orange extension cord coming in through a drilled hole in the house and plugged into an outlet right under the break panel. While it was outside it went under ground and got knows where.
2. The breaker panel was so full of wires you could never make heads or tails out of them.
3. Under the deck where the filter for the pool was, there was an indoor electrical box used for a plug, with no coverings or GFI or anything.
4. None of the outlets in the basement had covers or anything else.
5. and the best, the light switch in one of the closets was actually the on off button for a surge protector.