Electrical Karma

Hey Guys,

I have a neat story…well it is always unfolding but figured I would tell you all about it as I am always posting helpful things…kinda want to post a personal thing.

I have been working on a builder for about 6 months that is doing the largest building community in the area, all the homes are $ 600,000 and so on.

I was doing a recent home show and had my booth set up and actually it was promoting NACHI and my inspections part of the business with my electrical thrown in as well.

Next to me ( without my knowing ) a real estate company had set up a booth, now I knew it was possibly going to be one which was my plan for the home inspection side of the business to be near them…even if I technically don’t care for RE agents much…still have mouths to feed so to speak.

Anyway I noticed that the agent was not really an agent but a new community that was coming in to our area, I said very neat and BOY would I like to meet the developer of that community…but as it happens it was only agents who are selling the actual lots ( so I thought )

SO I am sitting their explaining to viewers about the defects in homes and even had a defect panel ( thanks to NICK ) to show them and plenty of give-a-ways which again NICK supplied along with the great help of the NACHI GALS.

I start a conversation with a large man sitting and talking to the agents, he was SOOOO nice and very family oriented and well just a nice guy…we talked on and off for (3) days…never once hit on me that he might be the developer of the entire community plan…as well as land owner of the deal.

Well…on the last day I said something to him, I said man I would love to meet the man who owns all this and is going to personally build all these nice homes and went into my electrician mode…sure enough he says…well you just met him…and we hit it off…

The man is nothing like you would expect, he is awesome and very family oriented and wants to keep the local sub-contractors involved and he is personally building every home with his own crews and framers, and we are talking 500 new homes over the next few years.

He was so nice, he took my cards and we talked for hours and well I just went to look at his 6,000 sq foot home we just may wire…and well here is the neat part of the little story…

I was at dinner the other night as June 30th was my birthday…and my wifes is on June 28th…so we celebrate on the 29th as tradition would have it since we have been married 16 years.

Guess who happen to be in the same place having dinner, the builder and he noticed me and my wife and son…by the time I noticed him they were leaving and I walked up and met him half way and he said he was just coming over to see me…and wished me a happy birthday and my wife as well…( now I am thinking HOW did he know that…I am not his electrician yet…)

But I had told the waiter it was our birthday because they usually give a free desert and sing for us…you know how that goes…those family dinning places…anyway…come to find out he ASKED the waiter about us, found out it was our birthday and guess what…PICKED up the TAB…all without us knowing…

When I asked the waiter...did he know that man.....he said....well only enough to know he paid your bill and said you are his Electrician.....

With that said.........I am on cloud nine........Of all the builders in my area I wanted to work with...THIS was the one....he has morals, builds homes that are featured in magazines and last but not least....A family man who cares about others..........I could not has asked for more.....

Now…I still have to EARN his business…BUT is that not a neat story…

Great story, Paul. Congratulations! I really believe what goes around comes around and you have been generous with helping others. I only know you from this BB but it seems to me it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.:wink:

Happy Birthday to the both of you, and congrats…

Goes to show ya better be careful when talking to some one… They just might be your next client or your worse nightmare…:D:D:D

I remember bad mouthing to a guy about a certain profession…Well the guys wife was in that profession…WHOOOPS!!:D:shock: I suffer from Foot in Mouth disease…
Been there ,done that…:ack:#-o

I hope it all works out for you Paul… Well miss you…:D:D
You’ll be sooooo busy you won’t have time for us any more… lol

naaa…Always have time for my Inspector Friends…:)…Just will have to hire more Electricians…:slight_smile:

Cool…

Now ***that’s ***a Happy Birthday…

Paul;

That has to be the most charming episode I have heard in awhile.

I knew that there is still people out there like that.
I would like to wish you a happy belated birthday wish to both of you.

It is always nice to note that the World revolves around the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, but we all know that the Good has to prevail in order of the definition of the word to be exemplefied as the proper thing to do.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Congrats and Happy Birthday. The world needs more people like you and Mr. Developer!

Thanks Roy…nothing special about me…just your everyday Electrician…but that builder is VERY special…just looked at their 8,000 sq ft personal house plans…So simple…wanted nothing fancy…but did have well over 100+ recess lights…