"Electrical Panel Inspection Training Video" course

Inspection & Writing Assignment:

I opened the electrical panel at my house. There were no screws missing. The panel was correctly labeled. They were the correct screws for the panel. Upon examination, all inside looked ok. The panel was 200 amp service. There were no doubled up lugs.

Research & Writing Assignment:

I looked at the pictures of GFCI protection. I saw that one GFCI outlet can protect downstream outlets. I learned that the GFCI protection must be checked bt tripping the outlet, not just with the tester. It also should, If on the breaker, be checked at the panel.

Inspection & Writing Assignment:

We observed this service panel as part of a standard home inspection. The panel was manufactured by Cutler Hammer and rated for 200 amps. The inspection revealed no aluminum branch wiring, double taps, exposed knockouts, and contained appropriate bushings and labeling.

1 Like

Research & Writing Assignment:

We reviewed an article on how to safely inspect a service panel. A few tips to remember prior to touching the panel cover: look for water on the ground beneath the panel; look for water dripping onto the panel from above; and have an escape path. Things to look for in the panel: aluminum branch wiring; sharp tipped screws; corrosion; rodent damage; and evidence of missing or improper bonding.

yea
I really like this course

When inspecting a breaker box, what are some quick indicators to warn the inspector of faulty work before you possibly put yourself in harms way?

There’s a few things you can quickly do and look for. First would be to observe the panel for signs of water damage or excessive heat. Water is easy, look for any rust, mainly at the bottom. This normally indicates water has been in the panel. Run your hand down the face of the breakers to check for warm or hot breakers.

Hi guys. I have a problem with the videos buffering. Only on this site, and nowhere else. The videos take almost 75% longer to view. Anything I can do?

Hello my name is Taylor Herring and I am a student and CPI here at Internachi! I must say I’m excited to see what is involved with the advanced electrical inspectors coarse. Good luck to all!
Thanks;
Taylor J. Herring

Hi
Just completed the electrical course, and found it so fascinating that I’m immediately continuing with the advanced course

Advanced Electrical Inspection Training Course here I come…

1 Like

I love this course

I just watched Part 2 of the advanced electrical course - twice. It will not let me proceed to Part 3.
Any suggestions?

I have seen these videos before, they are good. My one suggestion is when the persons in the video call out a problem, and how to fix it properly, have the camera man zoom in on it. That way we know for sure whats up.

Shocking experience.

I look forward to taking this course.

Just finished the Advanced Electrical Inspection Training Video course with a score of 97 out of 100. It was a fun course.

Looking forward to taking this course.

An electrical panel cover has a gap over 1/8" wide and it is sealed with caulk. Should that caulk be cut loose to to open the panel or deferred immediately to a licensed electrical contractor? Experience tells me the caulked edge of the panel is outside of the box, so it should be free of conductors that could be cut. But once I cut it, it will have to be resealed. I had to do this for my inspect and report assignment. It was in my house, so no big deal. But what if it was in a client’s house? By cutting the seal loose, am I not guaranteeing the need of service work to the cover? Do I explain to the client before I cut that they will have to pay someone to reseal it? Would it require recommending a licensed electrical contractor from a liability standpoint?

Have the popcorn ready. Let’s go.