Electrical Questions and Inspection Information

Originally Posted By: joetedesco
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Inquest to be held into girl’s electrocution

A coronial inquest will be held into the death of a seven-year-old girl who was electrocuted in Tennant Creek earlier this year.

Kumanjay Presley was playing in the backyard of her housing commission flat in Blain Street on a hot afternoon in March.

She touched the metal frame of an evaporative airconditioning unit and 220 volts of electricity shot through her small body. She died at the scene.

Her death sparked an audit of airconditioners in public housing across the Territory.

Chief coroner Greg Cavanagh will hold the inquest at the Tennant Creek courthouse over three days in April.

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

joetedesco wrote:
It would help if I could chat online with other inspectors. Does NACHI operate a message board?

Yes. NACHI operates the industry's most popular message board that has some advantages over other message boards:

Everyone is welcome to both view and offer posts on NACHI's message board, even non-members.

You can add photos to your posts on NACHI's message board. A picture is worth a thousand words.

It is linked to NACHI's Photo Web Gallery. See actual defects.

You do not risk getting kicked off of our message board even if you are there to NACHI bash. Feel free to criticize NACHI if you like. Freedom of speech.

NACHI's message board automatically corrects foul language. It is Lady and Gentlemen friendly.

Unlike other message boards (Baghdad Brian's), our moderator does not have authority to edit or delete your posts even if you NACHI bash. Feel free to say and ask what you want. Freedom of speech.

NACHI's message board hires SpellChecker.net to correct your spelling errors.

NACHI's message board is frequented by members of other associations and non-inspectors. There are no restrictions. Freedom of speech.

Promotion of your company, association, seminar, products, laboratory, etc. is encouraged on NACHI's message board. We want to know even if it has little to do with inspections. Let's keep the money in the family.
NACHI does not pollute its board by selling pop-ups or banners. Also, you don't have to worry about offending our advertisers... we don't have any. Freedom of speech.

NACHI's board is the inspection industry's most popular message board.
NACHI uses an avatar system to permit self-photos of registered users.
Many government officials use NACHI's message board to communicate with the inspection industry. The board's open policy and high traffic make it the perfect choice for officials to both gather and distribute information.

There is no charge for NACHI's message board.
Visit NACHI's message board (open to all).

That about sums it up. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Originally Posted By: dvalley

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Quote:
The NACHI message boards are open to everyone, but to post you must log in with your free message board account. Because both members and non-members access this message board, NACHI members are required log into the message board separately from the members-only sections.

Remember, debate is not only welcomed it is encouraged. Personal attacks for reasons of race, religion, sexual orientation, et cetera, or postings, which are profane or are meant to defame our membership, will not be tolerated. Offending parties may be asked to change their post, or may be permanently banned from this board. Non-member guests are welcome posters at this board, but please remember you are a guest and act accordingly.

GET OVER IT!!! Now that sounds original.

It is my opinion that Joe Tedesco or any one else that fails to comply with the sanctions of the ESOP committee should have their sanctions increased automatically by six months.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

joetedesco wrote:
It would help if I could chat online with other inspectors. Does NACHI operate a message board?

Yes. NACHI operates the industry's most popular message board that has some advantages over other message boards:

Everyone is welcome to both view and offer posts on NACHI's message board, even non-members.

You can add photos to your posts on NACHI's message board. A picture is worth a thousand words.

It is linked to NACHI's Photo Web Gallery. See actual defects.

You do not risk getting kicked off of our message board even if you are there to NACHI bash. Feel free to criticize NACHI if you like. Freedom of speech.

NACHI's message board automatically corrects foul language. It is Lady and Gentlemen friendly.

Unlike other message boards (Baghdad Brian's), our moderator does not have authority to edit or delete your posts even if you NACHI bash. Feel free to say and ask what you want. Freedom of speech.

NACHI's message board hires SpellChecker.net to correct your spelling errors.

NACHI's message board is frequented by members of other associations and non-inspectors. There are no restrictions. Freedom of speech.

Promotion of your company, association, seminar, products, laboratory, etc. is encouraged on NACHI's message board. We want to know even if it has little to do with inspections. Let's keep the money in the family.
NACHI does not pollute its board by selling pop-ups or banners. Also, you don't have to worry about offending our advertisers... we don't have any. Freedom of speech.

NACHI's board is the inspection industry's most popular message board.
NACHI uses an avatar system to permit self-photos of registered users.
Many government officials use NACHI's message board to communicate with the inspection industry. The board's open policy and high traffic make it the perfect choice for officials to both gather and distribute information.

There is no charge for NACHI's message board.
Visit NACHI's message board (open to all).

Originally Posted By: Admin2

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif You guy’s are a joke… icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours.

Originally Posted By: ekartal3

Keep me out of this too. My bash days are over. Anyone can do whatever they want. icon_eek.gif

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Admin2 wrote:

![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

Originally Posted By: ekartal3

bkelly1 wrote:
Admin2 wrote:

![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

Ben, I think that means the average price of a home inspection by next year.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: pabernathy

Freedom to speak if in public domain…h@ll NACHI owns this board and they make the rules members or no members…I own a message board for a company I own…trust me it has NO free speech on it…Why…because it is Mine…Mine…Mine…Mine…MINE…Mine…Mine…Mine…My speech is the only FREE speech on it.

Originally Posted By: dduffy

pabernathy wrote:
Man....what is the purpose of this post......Give me a break.

Pretty crazy around here, wouldn't you say Paul????????????

Originally Posted By: pabernathy

I respect to NOT get into the JOE T conversation…He is in my trade and has earned my respect in that WAY.

The moderator is changing his post to 11.

This is the 2nd time I put this in here, the first disappeared,? ?

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

bkelly1 wrote:
The moderator is changing his post to 11.

This is the 2nd time I put this in here, the first disappeared,? ?

Originally Posted By: jhugenroth

Not cutting and pasting messages meant for THIS BOARD and putting them on other sites to demean fellow inspectors.

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Joseph moves to the front of the class and gets a gold star.

Originally Posted By: escanlan

Quote:
Seems to me that Nick is saying it is OK to bash NACHI ON THIS BOARD Not cutting and pasting messages meant for THIS BOARD and putting them on other sites to demean fellow inspectors.

Chuck McCann wrote:

Quote:
Joseph moves to the front of the class and gets a gold star.

If that is true then what is the purpose of the NACHI COE, Section 3, Item 3 ???? Does the right to bash NACHI supercede the COE??

Quote:
3. The NACHI member will not engage in any act or practice that could be deemed damaging, seditious or destructive to NACHI, fellow NACHI members, NACHI employees, leadership or directors. Member(s) accused of acting or deemed in violation of such rules shall be reviewed by the Ethics committee for possible sanctions and/or expulsion from NACHI.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Why is this garbage in the “electrical” forum, anyway?

It USE to have electrical information. Before moderation.