Ok, this has me stumped. Two level home in Livingston, Montana. No problems on the lower level, but every single outlet, every light switch I touched on the upper level, gave me a static shock, some fairly strong.
What could be some potential causes of this kind of thing? It was exceptionally windy that day and the homeowner regularly keeps the thermostat at 80 degrees.
It was suggested to me by another inspector locally that there may be a lack of humidity in the upper level that is adding to the static electricity. Does this sound possible to you?
The house was 2005 built, grounded with a rod in the ground, ufer in the crawl and to plumbing.
I’m really hoping you all have some wisdom for me on this one.