Emergency forum

If that is your belief then you personally have no need for the emergency forum and you have no dog in the fight. Are you arguing just for the sake of it?

Why do you think your electrical question got such a quick response from Jeff? It’s because you interrupted him. He along with some others have volunteered to receive alerts when someone posts to the emergency forum. It’s basically a 911 call. If you abuse it, these people will stop volunteering to receive alerts and you will have successfully destroyed the intent of the forum.

There are many occasions, where an inspector will have a question about something in the field that requires additional information to be gathered while on site to properly be able to answer it. With the emergency forum a subject matter expert can advise the inspector about what else needs to be checked to determine if it is an issue before they leave the site and it is too late.

Pleas provide an example.
I see nothing to convince me as if I am unsure about anything and can take a picture and examine it later.

Besides being a condescending a-hole as usual how about actually posting useful information and explaining how it is done.

Are you upoading to Photo bucket first and copying the url then pasting in advanced mode or what ?

I see no direct way to do that as with Facebook ,etc.

Then as I said, you have no need or use for the emergency forum. You have no dog in the hunt. The emergency forum is not your concern. I feel no compulsion to convince you.

Funny, That was the same sentiment that I had when responding to your posts stating such funny facts as:

Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t make it any less true.

As I keep saying over and over.

It is a waste of time that get members fighting.

IT IS A FAILURE>>>>>>Get rid of it and Move on.

Not doing so just shows stubbornness :smiley:

But when you own it all you get to do whatever you want.

No. It would be a failure if there were no valid requests served or if people stop volunteering to receive alerts because of abuse. Right now there are still appropriate request being served.

Members fight over everything, why would this be any different? We can live with a little controversy.

Me - Im still flabbergasted that Bob can’t figure out how to post a picture from his smart phone! Or even his smart camera for that matter!

It causes unneeded problems. Members could just ask for fast help in the regular sections and get better results.
I do not subscribe due to all the C r a p I do not want to be notified everytime someone bitches about something or comments about something that should not be there.

Get rid of it. Title your post appropatley and if someone is online and sees it I am sure they will help. It have worked since I have been a member.

The new section does nothing but piss off all involved. IT IS A FAILURE> Move on.

It takes a real man to admit when something he is doing does not work. Some here cannot do it. I screw up all the time when I make a mistake I learn from it and do not keep doing it over and over. I THEN ADMIT IT AND MOVE ON. Few around here ever admit being wrong which shows no balls if you ask me. WHY?

Here’s an option some may want to look into, and they don’t flip out when your at home.

http://www.caseyomalleyassociates.com/insurance-pages/Services/Support-Network.php

Exactly I asked a question that was field related about 30 minutes old your statement is a contradiction. I don’t understand your problem. You just called aqlot of people inferior to you. Unbelievable.

As I keep trying to tell folks just post in the misc or members only forum and mention that time is of the essense then anyone who sees it is likely to help without the attitude.

The whole idea should be scrapped it is a failure.

Those who do not see it I do not understand.

I never saw this kind of anger and hatred when folks asked for urgent help in the regular areas.

You got to know when to hold up know when to fold up know when to walk away and know when to run :slight_smile:

WHY DOES NO ONE EVER SEE WHAT A GENIUS I AM. I COULD SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD IF FOLKS WOULD JUST LISTEN. ARROGANT BUT TRUE.

I need an ask MEEKER website :slight_smile: Any sponsors out there?

OK now bring on the make no sense TPR jokes:)

Ikm gonna ask a question if I’m allowed. LOL. What does TPR stand for?

http://www.usinspect.com/resources-for-you/house-facts/basic-components-and-systems-home/water-heaters/tpr-valve

I asked a question about corrosion on my hot water heater tank once and was not familiar with the acronym used my home inspectors and got my a s s reamed. Funny thing was I was not asking about it and only asked about the corrosion and admitted such and was painted the fool for doing so. you can likely find the post somewhere with a little search effort. It helped propel me to my infamous position :slight_smile: I even got an award :slight_smile: Funny thing is it all rolls off me like water on a ducks back. You got to have thick skin to hang round here. I must admit I do photograph well though :smiley:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/733743_10200477341308967_1716156500_n.jpg

If you ever need help send me email I will do my best to answer … Roy

TPR is temp Pressure relief valve on water heaters

http://www.wattscanada.ca/pages/support/tp.asp?catId=1159

That I do know buy thanks. I thought you guys might have had an inside meaning when he said no TPR jokes. Now seeing the picture I really get it the TPR joke. LOL its good to be a winner

Roy is a great asset to our community and has helped me a great many times.
I suggest you take him up on his offer any time you need to :slight_smile:

I will graciously accept Roy thank you very much for your interest in my Home inspection sucess. Some day I too wil be one of the guys the newbees could go to

Best explanation of the Emergency Forum. Thaks chuck.

I just checked out the emeergency forum and someone asked practically the same question I did and he got answers and advice. OUCH!

What really bugs me through all this debate about the emergency forum is that I just did my Very First Inspection for a customer and I needed help and I feel like I was let down. I’ll be o.k. though I made some great new friends