Energized attic insulation

While trying to determine if Knob and Tube wiring was active in an attic I noticed that anyplace I stuck my voltage detector into the blown insulation I got a reading.

Never noticed this before - all the insulation was energized???

Thoughts anyone?

I suspect the magnetic field was radiating out through the old wire insulation.

BTW, the NEC prohibits the use of K&T in insulation.

The K&T did not appear to be active

Could just be plain old static.

Could you wireless internet transmitter be close to the attic Mine is on top of a shelf for better coverage / I also have my cordless phone transmitter there too.