Energy Auditor Round-table

Yep sign me up too

Hey John,

I will call you today. You mentioned in a previous post that your system allows a leader or presenter the ability to talk, but the rest of the members use their keyboard to communicate. Is that the only way with your system or can everyone speak?

I would like this to be a discussion rather than a presentation by one or two people. I was thinking that everyone on the call will have the ability to use VOIP. That way, everyone will have a chance to contribute and communicate freely.

Thoughts?

Kevin

So far here is the list of members for the Energy Auditor Roundtable

K. Richardson
D. Anderson
N. Gromicko
L. Kage
J. McKenna
M. Roberson
R. Swartz
J. Kaylor
R. Spermo
D. Gagner
P. Russell
RKing6 (All are welcome, but please provide us with your full name)
G. Keene
R. Misener
W. Wilson

After I get the logistics hammered out, I will post the details. My schedule will allow us to meet once every two weeks, but if others would like to meet every week, month, or quarter, then please let me know.

Also, I’m assuming that there will be members all across the country, so finding and deciding on a time to meet may be difficult. I would suggest meeting in the evening EST, so the rest of the county won’t be impacted. How about 8:00pm EST? The meeting will only last an hour. If we can’t finish a topic that’s on the schedule, then we will table it for the next meeting.

I’m thinking of a start date around the end of February or the 1st week in March. Just looking at the above list indicates that we will have very informative and productive discussions. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here :slight_smile:

Who on the list so far would like to volunteer to me a moderator and assistant coordinator? Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Kevin

Count me in Kevin.

Count me in please. This ia a great idea.
Duke

Excellent idea! Thie whole field of energy auditing is the future. I’m in as well.

Hey Kevin,

In regards to the list; Randy King Minnesota

Thanks…looking forward to it.

I’m in Kevin! Sounds like a great idea and see how it goes!

Count me in please, as a rookie

You might as well make it a teleconference call, if you want that.
Keep it simple the everyone.

Call me… 936-546-2435

Count me in.

Kevin,
If I may, join as well

I’d like to be in.

Yes, Marketing is a great subject

Mark Easter
Independence, KS

I know we need to pick a time that fits for at least most of the group. 8 PM EST sounds good to me!

I’m in.
Marketing, success/failures and why would be the topics for me.
How much are you guys charging?
Are you reimbursed by your utility company?
Peter

Count me in Please…

sarasota home inpsections
North port home inpsections
Venice florida home inpsections

I’d like to participate and contribute if I can!

I would add.

Considering that there are no nationally approved standard or practice, no valid, scientific criteria and no governmentally accepted standard that define what a “Residential Energy Audit” is, I would request that all participants leave their “certifications” at the front door.

I say this because there are many “authorities” (i.e., LEEDs, RESNET, BPI, U.S. Green Building Council, ad nausium) out there and they are ALL vying for “government approval” of their standard and this can lead to unnessesary bickering and contention among the various NACHI brothers.

Until a "STANDARD: is set, either by the “industry” or by some silly government fiat, the point and question of, exactly, what is an “Energy Audit” is and who (Private, professional and for profit, government or for-profit entity, feeding off the government teat) controls this “name brand” unknown and many dollars will be spent persuing a meaningless training regimine.

But, we can still talk.

Will,

That depends highly on the state/application, and there ARE set standards in certain arenas of energy auditing. I get the opportunity to pick customers brains on a national level of how certain jobs are being done and what is required to get in to certain arenas.

I think what you are conveying is very important, all biases should be left at the door. In my case I know my very clear biases and will be completly leaving those at the door. I love what Kevin is putting together here, and I think a lot of knowledge will be gained by all involved.

United States Green Building Council (USGBC) is LEED.

JJ

Let me know too, I would love to get in on this!