Energy Loss: Air Exfiltration

Post us a scan with your camera with a 1.9°C scale across the scan and let’s compare. For you to duplicate these crappy conditions, it may take you till summer! :slight_smile:

This is the same camera. Different temperature differential. Except for the sky, this is still < 10F degree differential.

Does it look familiar?!

Here’s some from today’s heat loss survey on a warehouse with offices.

Any opinions?

IR.jpg

IR.jpg

IR_0242.jpg

IR_0241.jpg

David

I was not trying to avoid you but I had to go to work. Trying to get ready for a trade show. I am curious to see how my images do turn out and will try as soon as I can. I will post them even if I shoot myself in the foot. We all need to learn somehow.

The last Picture you posted is way better. Yes it does look familiar but from where I don’t know off the top of my head.

Lawrence

Lawrence,
That’s what we’re all doing here! You’re not alone. We have all been passing things around (even behind the scenes on the bulletin board). Some of these reports are just too big for some of us to get posted here.

John McKenna is using it on much of his marketing materials and educational website (as am I).

David

This is why I like NACHI. People help People and everybody wins.

By the way nice cover page. I like it.

Lawrence

Raising the international standard of home inspectors makes this industry more professional and worth more to the public.

I hate the perception of home inspectors that currently exists. Real estate agents, appraisers, structural engineers that do the same work all get paid more for their time and expertise (or lack of).

Thanks, I’m still working the kinks out of the template for the rest of the report.

Dave, glad you made through the night OK, I guess all that weather is heading my way, Damn.

The pictures I posted above are from a warehouse I started a heat loss survey but cancelled because we couldn’t get access to most of the building.

Here’s my question to everyone. When I got to the inspection it was raining, I put my camera in a zip-lock bag and started, the problem I was having was it started to rain really hard and I could not tell if the images were in focus. Any suggestions for taking images in the rain, by the way the bag worked great.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25038

Dave, what I was referring to was any good tips on taking images in the rain with your camera in a zip lock bag or under other adverse weather conditions such as snow.

I’m glad the inspection got delayed it was brutal. I guess I should pick my days.

Here’s some pictures of the commercial building I did last week, any thoughts?

20 Front St 024.jpg

20 Front St 024.jpg

20 Front St 012.jpg

20 Front St 014.jpg

Peter, It is hard to focus in the best of conditions.

Call and I will walk you through this. This proceedure is not what we need to do in every case, but when things get tough, it will really work!

Peter,

What software are you using?

I’m curious about the Sp 1…verses the actual temperature in the text box.

David, I was using Flirs quick report but was having a problem with my spot meter/inserting a temperature.

I use quick report to work on the images then transfer them to dual view.

I have seen this on the Flir BB and wondered the same thing. ??

Russell, You were talking about the physical act of focusing?

I put a wide rubber band around the focusing ring from the outside.