ESOP's decision supported by mathematical analysis.

Recently ESOP expelled 2 Canadian members. I was personally opposed to the decisions to have them removed from InterNACHI. One of the 2 is a close personal friend of mine who has helped InterNACHI and me many times for many years. I’d go as far as saying there wouldn’t be an InterNACHI presence in Canada without him. He is a good friend and I love him. But before everyone (including me) starts thinking poorly of ESOP, I wanted to state for the record that the chances of this decision having little to do with the 2 ex-members is almost zero. Clearly the two ex-members played a role in their fate.

For many years, leaders and members of other Canadian associations have sent me email after email after email (hundreds in all) complaining about these very 2 members. I ignored all of them for years, until today. Today I decided to calculate what the odds were of this being pure coincidence.

There are about 3,000 inspectors in Canada of which my inbox for years is packed with complaints from 2 other Canadian associations regarding only 2 inspectors. I won’t go into all their charges and complaints. Anyway, ESOP recently removed the very same 2 inspectors from InterNACHI. InterNACHI almost never expelles anyone, so the results of our analysis should end up dramatic.

Let’s see what the odds of this being pure coincidence (the ex-members being innocent victims of ESOP and having played no role this situation) are. The odds of one of the 2 members ESOP expelled, also being one of the 2 very other inspectors that the other associations had trouble with, is 1 in 1,500 (there is a 1 in 1500 chance of drawing 1 of 2 inspectors from a pool of 3,000). Then, the odds of the exact other inspector being expelled by ESOP is 1 in 2,999 (there is a 1 in 2,999 chance of drawing 1 inspector from a pool 2,999).

Now here is where it gets interesting. The odds of them expelling those exact 2 members coincidentally (meaning that the ex-members themselves had NO ROLE in any of this and are purely innocent victims of ESOP) is (1 divided by 1,500) times (1 divided by 2,999) or 1 in 4,498,500. Or in other words… impossible.

I waited until after ESOPs decision today to make this post.

One of the 2 ex-members is my dear friend and always will be. I love him. But basic probability and statistics support several of ESOPs contentions.

**Quote: **
Nick Gromicko
For many years, leaders and members of other Canadian associations have sent me email after email after email (hundreds in all) complaining about these very 2 members. I ignored all of them for years, until today. Today I decided to calculate what the odds were of this being pure coincidence.

There are about 3,000 inspectors in Canada of which my inbox for years is packed with complaints from 2 other Canadian associations regarding only 2 inspectors. I won’t go into all their charges and complaints. Anyway, ESOP recently removed the very same 2 inspectors from InterNACHI. InterNACHI almost never expelles anyone,s so the results of our analysis should end up dramatic.

Let’s see what the odds of this being pure coincidence (the ex-members being innocent victims of ESOP and having played no role this situation) are. The odds of one of the 2 members ESOP expelled, also being one of the 2 very other inspectors that the other associations had trouble with, is 1 in 1,500 (there is a 1 in 1500 chance of drawing 1 of 2 inspectors from a pool of 3,000). Then, the odds of the exact other inspector being expelled by ESOP is 1 in 3,000 (there is a 1 in 2,999 chance of drawing 1 inspector from a pool 2,999).

Now here is where it gets interesting. The odds of them expelling those exact 2 members coincidentally (meaning that the ex-members themselves had NO ROLE in any of this and are purely innocent victims of ESOP) is (1 divided by 1,500) times (1 divided by 2,999) or 1 in 4,498,500. Or in other words… impossible.

I waited until after ESOPs decision today to make this post.
End Quote:

You have restored our Faith in NACHI and it’s leadership.

No two people have worked harder than Ray & Roy to publicly and REPEATEDLY violate the Code of Ethics rules from different associations and to then to cry FOUL when the COE rules are applied to them.

They not only violated the COE and message board rules but then taunted the various ESOP / COE Committees to “Do something about it”!

RAYMOND WAND & ROY COOKE ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO ALL HOME INSPECTORS AND TO ALL CANADIANS IN PARTICULAR!

How is their departure going to affect NACHI?

two ways…
FIRST…

Imagine a bucket 3/4 full of water…
Imagine Roy or Ray pulling their hands out of the water…
Imagine “the hole” that they left in the water…
THAT “Empty hole” is the effect that their well earned and long past due departure will have on NACHI!

SECOND…
AS LONG AS THEIR BAN IS IN EFFECT… Many past and more importantly present Canadian members will start posting on the message board.
None of us want to be called names by Ray & Roy.
None of us want to be accused of fornicating with dogs by Ray & Roy!

More importantly NONE of us want to have our hard earned reputations slandered or disparaged by Ray & Roy.

So we all ask you that the “Ban” be enforced and that it not be an empty and meaningless gesture.

They are gone!

DO THE RIGHT THING!

Keep them off of the message board!

[quote=gromicko]
Recently ESOP expelled 2 Canadian members. I was personally opposed to the decisions to have them removed from InterNACHI. One of the 2 is a close personal friend of mine who has helped InterNACHI and me many times for many years. I’d go as far as saying there wouldn’t be an InterNACHI presence in Canada without him. He is a good friend and I love him. But before everyone (including me) starts thinking poorly of ESOP, I wanted to state for the record that the chances of this decision having little to do with the 2 ex-members is almost zero. Clearly the two ex-members played a role in their fate.

There are about 3,000 inspectors in Canada of which my inbox for years is packed with complaints from 2 other Canadian associations regarding only 2 inspectors. I won’t go into all their charges and complaints. Anyway, ESOP recently removed the very same 2 inspectors from InterNACHI. InterNACHI almost never expelles anyone,s so the results of our analysis should end up dramatic.

Le

Nick,
Thank you for this public endorsement of the ESOP’s decision.

I just ask that you enforce this decision and not let Ray & Roy make a mockery of it by allowing them to continue to post on the NACHI BB.

Quote:Nick Gromicko
Now here is where it gets interesting. The odds of them expelling those exact 2 members coincidentally (meaning that the ex-members themselves ***had NO ROLE in any of this ***and are purely innocent victims of ESOP) is (1 divided by 1,500) times (1 divided by 2,999) or 1 in 4,498,500. **Or in other words… impossible. **
End Quote:

From your mention of the “Years of complaints” it seems that you should have done something to stop their tirades a long time ago.

Also, all you really had to do was to read their constant and daily harmful posts and listened to your ESOP committee you would have come to this conclusion without the use of a calculator!

Raymond Wand and Roy Cooke have done a lot to harm NACHI as an association and have discredited not only themselves but NACHI as well.

*]I see that BOTH Raymond Wand and Roy Cooke are continuing to attack your ESOP committee and the Ad Hoc committee members!
Let us hope that you will act as a true leader and your future actions in this matter will “Speak louder than your words”.

Nick your facts are askew. Neither one of us was expelled from OAHI, Roy left and I remain a member, that is of course unless you are talking about two different individuals. Nice of you to spin the fact to suit your agenda Nick. As for Gil Strachan aka Canadian Inspector it seems he is not doing to well since being kicked out of OAHI and having his fingers stuck in the Nachi til.

Good post, Nick.

Thanks for the support and, particularly, thanks for the leadership.

So James why would Nick knowingly post inaccurate information? I don’t think he loves Roy as he suggests particularly given that he said Roy was expelled from OAHI. That is an outright lie and distortion of the truth, but we know Nick has not always been able to tell the truth.

Whatever, Ray.

The fact remains that all I ever wanted you to do was remove the post. You refused. Roy refused. And the situation continued to escalate, fueled by the two of you, to the point of you losing whatever support and respect you once had, and being dismissed from the Worlds largest and best HI association.

NACHI Canada will not collapse without you. In fact, we may gain some OAHI and CAHPI members in the process.

BTW… is it true that you need to re-submit your resume to OAHI to keep your RHI designation?

Finally we know the whole story. Thanks Nick. Go back to your message board Ray. You must be overwhelmed with all the activity over there.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I second that!

Joe.

I believe since Ray has applied as a working member again, he is now an associate member of OAHI until such time as his qualifications can be verified by his peers. In affect, he doesn’t have the right to use the RHI designation.

That’s what happens when you try and cheat the system, more precisely the membership. The cost between the two membership RHI, Retired RHI] categories is enormous. I guess he hates to part with his money!

No Joe, that is not true, and whoever is feeding you information is wrong. And Nick should not be posting false information about Roy or me! But it doesn’t surprise me given Nicks checkered past at distorting and spinning information to suit his agenda. Nick loving Roy is as about as truthful as me saying I love my hemorrhoids!

Mario If you know so much post the bylaws which you purport to know. Are you still beating your wife?

Mario I notice you seem to relate everything to money. If you think my membership is based on ability to pay I would suggest that your membership in NACHI is of less value than the cost to Join OAHI and or Cahpi or ASHI. Spread some money around you cheap skate!

Results of Your Search

You Searched for “brampton”
RHI Members

This is the highest level of accreditation. These Inspectors have achieved the highest level of educational requirements as set by the association and performed a predetermined number of paid inspections. They must also complete annual educational updates in order to maintain this designation.
Michael E. White RHI
Regal Home Inspections
[905-875-4550] More Details David Ash RHI
DASH Inspection Services
[416-887-3053] More Details Glenn Blight RHI
Pillar To Post
[905-568-8202] More Details Peter Boesener RHI
Top to Bottom Inspections, 1586870 Ont. Ltd.
[905-799-6027] More Details Brent Cooper RHI
Halton Hills Home Inspection Svcs.
[905-877-7633] More Details Elliott Drewnowsky RHI
Rescom Inspections
[416-540-4663] More Details George Eastwood RHI
Homestead Inspection & Engineering Ltd.
[905-627-2918] More Details Marco Ganassini RHI
Frontline Home Inspectors & Building Consultants Ltd.
[905-339-3790] More Details Michael Greenberg RHI
SureView Inspection Services Ltd.
[905-482-9677] More Details Frank Gruszewski RHI
Blueprint Building Inspections Inc.
[416-694-5859] More Details Brian Harris RHI
Quality Home Inspection Services
[647-228-7447] More Details Robert Hermann RHI
HomeCore Inc.
[416-274-6651] More Details Mohammed N. Islam RHI
Appropriate Consulting & Inspection Services Inc.
[416-289-0477] More Details Harry Janssen RHI
Accurate Home & Building Inspection Consultants Inc.
[416-605-6062] More Details Mike Javaherian RHI
Frontier Home Inspection Inc.
[416-453-1255] More Details Gary Luney RHI
All Points Home Inspection Inc.
[416-752-0339] More Details James McCracken RHI
Houseworks Home Inspection Service Ltd.
[416-768-8084] More Details Menashe Mena Daniel Murad RHI
Inspect-Tech
[416-918-6446] More Details Joseph Ozimec RHI
Prime-Check Home Inspection Services Inc.
[905-844-1466] More Details John M. Peters RHI
At Home Building Inspection Services
[905-338-0905] More Details John Pettigrew RHI
Pettigrew Property Inspection
[289-259-4401] More Details Gerry Quackenbush RHI
GTA Home Inspection Services/Accurate Home & Building
[416-252-2400] More Details Aslam Raza RHI
ENSURE Home & Building Inspection Consultants
[905-271-1233] More Details Nalliah Thayabharan RHI
Building Experts Canada Ltd
[416-332-1743] More Details Peter A. Thompson RHI
These 4 Walls Inspections
[416-466-2785] More Details

Associate Members

Associate Members have finished the mandatory educational requirements of becoming an RHI, however have not yet finished the required number of paid inspections. Associate members must also complete annual educational updates in order to maintain this designation.
Michael Oren
OM Inspections Inc.
[416-826-4040] More Details Michael Portelli
Eagle Eye Home Inspections Inc. More Details Philip Robinson
Right Angle Home Inspection Inc.
[647-219-5310] More Details Joe Schaefer
Spectrium Home and Property Inspections Inc.
[416-819-4663] More Details Mathew Varghese
PROFESSIONAL HOME INSPECTION SERVICE
[416-817-2394] More Details Laurie Arsenault
Hats Home Inspection
[416-993-8875] More Details Ramesh Bhatia
PTR Home Inspection Services
[416-709-8119] More Details Sukhvinderjeet Bhinder
Vajra Inspections Plus
[416-560-4955] More Details Paul Bigelli
Biltmore Home Consulting Inc.
[416-417-6113] More Details Joe Botelho
Botelho Home Inspection
[905-495-1281] More Details Bob Dickie
Flue to Footing Home Inspections
[519-925-0836] More Details

Applicant Members

Ray,

You are the one that said I buy my friends…so tell me again how I feel everything is about money!

Why are you not listed on the OAHI “find an Inspector”? Do you feel less of an inspector if listed as an applicant? :shock:

In other words, if I understand this correctly, lying for personal gain is nothing new for this ex-member who was expelled for violations of our ethical standards.

With such a track record for deceit and treachory that threads along through a variety of home inspection associations, you would think (if he were mentally balanced) he would be seeking to maintain a much lower profile.

With these facts and the myriad of letters accumulated by Nick over the years from a variety of other highly placed Canadian industry leaders in all of these associations — it is clear that our committee acted correctly in expelling him.

Thanks for shedding more light on this, Mario.

That is an accurate statement James, and you are welcome!

Ray,

I’m a Proud member of NACHI, why would I join any other association?