Ethical Legal Interpretation Required

Inspection completed. Upon building the report, and working from an 2015 home inspection report, the prior inspector indicated 2 or more circuit conductors terminating on one OCPD, over current protection device, that referred to a receptacle, under the distribution panel, that was not analysed for current or polarity by the inspector.

Is it an inspectors ethical or legal fiduciary obligation to declare the above mentioned?
Looking forward to replies.

(https://www.nachi.org/forum/f79/missed-132688/)

Saved

Are you really that obtuse after having responded to this over here, *(https://www.nachi.org/forum/f79/missed-132688/) with this response?

You are really getting annoying in providing inaccurate information to any inspectors on this forum and is getting disgusting.

Did you recently miss a crawlspace?

Robert, extremely pleased you are looking forward to replies. Perhaps you will read and understand this better than your other posts on the MB.

You should take a long, long, long working vacation to build your knowledge base about home inspecting, then selectively come back and contribute. If you never do so again, it will not be a loss.

Nowhere did the OP mention a OCPD. He did mention illegal tap and if it is off of the main lugs, IT IS A MAJOR SAFETY CONCERN.

Of course the OP did not provide enough information, or even any pics, so assumptions on just about everything, but still:roll: piss poor advice. If you are this obtuse and unobservant on the MB…:roll:

“So, I am working on my report from my inspection last night. Moments ago I remembered something, but it didn’t occur to me while onsite. At the main electrical service outside there was an outlet under the panel. I was focused on the stuff inside the panel and this was sort of a peripheral observation. I have an old inspection report from 2015 where the previous inspector indicated there were illegal taps and referred to this outlet. I did not test the outlet to see if it still is receiving power or not. This is an important thing to miss. I’m not sure what to do. Do I talk to the client or realtor about coming back to quickly check this item? Or should I write it up? And if I should just write it up, does anybody have any suggestions of how to do this eloquently?
thanks a bunch.”

This is a hypothetical.
Please leave assumptions were they belong.

No assumption here…

How about the lack of ethics!

How about what you already confidently stated:

I thought I made a mistake once. But I was wrong.

#2 wafi

Most accessory outlets I see mounted to, on the side or under a main panel are simply a spare seldom used. AND if used most often for things like a doorbell transformer or alarm, etc.

Probably 65% of the time there is nothing even plugged into it. If its mounted underneath its also a 50% chance or more its double-tapped into a lower 120v breaker NOT the main lugs.

Fixing it can be as simple as pulling it off OR pig-tailing it then putting it back.

Its a simple CHEAP easy fix 95% of the time. Why the hell is everyone trying to build Mt Rushmore out of a fly turd.

**Official List… **(in order of official designation)…

You forgot Wanda.

Was he ever officially designated?
Are you nominating him?
Hating someone is not just cause in itself.
They have to have that “special something” to EARN their title. Correct?
It is so hard to keep track. Can’t be everywhere at once.

Note: This list was begun many years ago, but there was no person assigned to record the names.
I figured it was time before names were forgotton. :wink:

Maybe he was kicked out before he got nominated…
Personally, I think that the 3R should be on top of the list :twisted:

Good enough for me (especially since he shares MB access with Young)!

Joe Burkeson

Perhaps a new thread should be started by someone??
I would hate to get in (more) trouble with the “Awards Committee”!!
:lol::lol::lol:

[size=1]Been gone for over a year ** :smile:
**[/size]

Last thing Im scared of is a bunch of twats pushing keys