Ever had a job that made you feel like you looked like an idiot to the buyer/agent/seller?

I have insulated screwdrivers but usually use my cordless to pull those panels off. That Makita sure is handy.

1 Like

My coworker soaked a floor on a new build after not checking to see if the knockout had been removed from the disposal.

It hadn’t.

1 Like

That’s great. You are considered a seasoned pro in my opinion. These issues are minor with that many successful inspections.

Any call from a realtor or home owner I would say, “I am looking forward to addressing your concerns. I am in the field right now, allow me time to retrieve the report and get back to you”. Then call your boss and tell him to call them back.

1 Like

This is a big one and I could def improve on my assertive, “let me do my job and just wait til Im done” mentality.

2 Likes

These stories are great. I am taking notes on how to adapt my routine to avoid making the same!

I think my boss might start to reconsider if I begin making the same mistakes more than once. So far they have all been one offs.

1 Like

One of the best investments I’ve made so far. One of the lessor things I like to do is remove and replace a dead front not knowing what’s lurking behind. Bought 2 of these and it makes it much easier on the replacement aligning. Just still have to check where the screws are going into…and around.

1 Like

I see few things happening here:

1. You are losing confidence when you should be gaining it.
  2. You are assuming your boss is dissatisfied. He may be thrilled with your overall performance and may be thankful this is all he has to deal with.

You should consider having a conversation with him to clear this up. Ask him to make an appointment to speak with you for 15 minutes.

You can start the conversation like this: “I love my job and I am proud of the work I do. When I make it mistake, I take full responsibility and it weighs heavy on me. In fact, I am concerned my position here may be in jeopardy. Can you please provide me with some feedback so I may put these issues into perspective?” Then be quiet and listen.

Excellent advice, Brian!

1 Like

I just put this in my cart at Amazon, something I have been meaning to do!

2 Likes

JMO, but I wouldn’t use this. Never “assume” job stability, just skip to the next sentence you provided.

1 Like

Agreed! Not needed and counter intuitive.

1 Like

Hey thanks for this. I can see this as being super useful to help keep from accidently tripping breakers when pulling off the panel.

Imma order one next week.

I turned a pilot light down because it was set way too high… but apparently too far down. The next morning I got the call…