Everything has condensation

From what I’ve seen, you’ll go farther than most. :slight_smile:

Thanks!! I’m giving it all I got!

Juan, you say that the ducts were dripping water in the crawlspace. I am going to assume that this builder still thinks its good to build a home on a vented crawlspace in the south. I suspect that in the days before your inspection, the AC was running at full blast, probably set at 70 degrees. We have had some hot and humid days and when you take hot and wet air and move it into your crawlspace where the ducts are a crisp 55 or lower, you have a classic case for condensation. This is something that will plague this home every summer until the insulation gets so wet it falls down and it breeds fungus like a petri dish in a high school lab. A dehumidifier in the home will not help this, a dehumidifier in the crawlspace will not help this by itself.

That was my thinking as well. I said something like due to severity and the amount of standing water being created in the crawl space I recommend an HVAC technician to evaluate the system and determine the best method to control the condensation. Would a properly installed vapor barrier, and a dehumidifier help? What else you can do?

Close up the vents, install a 100% coverage vapor barrier and a Dehu to condition the space. A vented crawlspace is stupid in the south, especially when there are ducts down there. The HVAC tech is out of his league with this one.

Agree with Brad. That’s where I was going with this post: Everything has condensation - Inspecting HVAC Systems - InterNACHI®️ Forum