Everything in this PIC is now in your pocket

6 Likes

Ok! Give it yo me.

Well, not quite. There are at least three sets of headphones in that picture. The amplifiers in that boom box alone is bigger than what’s in your pocket, as well as the speakers. The equipment shown will make considerably more noise than what’s in your pocket.

Its crazy how technology is advancing (almost scary). I still have and use the items in the pic.

Where’s the Webster Chicago wire recorder? LOL

G

We had one of those when I was a child. I don’t think it ever worked but I remember the microphone and the wire spools. The one we had was a huge console unit.

I don’t see a Phone in that picture…or a piece of stationary, pen, stamp or Mailbox/Post Office.

1 Like

My father was a bit of a techie and had one in the early 1950’s. I played with it and it was fantastic for the time!

G

1 Like

My father was an artist and a teacher so I really couldn’t tell you why he had it. Salvage I guess from a teaching position or the Army Reserve. Don’t believe it ever worked but I do remember playing with it as a pre schooler (5,6). Later on I had several reel to reel tape recorders, an amazing change from recording on a wire.

1 Like