Examples in the course material

Below is a definition from the course material. It sounds much like a legal document that doesn’t paint a clear picture of what this definition means unless you have prior knowledge.

A clear example of these types of descriptions would be very helpful to fully understanding what this and other definitions are referring too. Maybe showing and example of said device would help give a visual since all our inspections we Looking (Visually) for issues.

SEE BELOW:
Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupter AFCI is a “DEVICE” that provides protection from the effects of arc-faults by recognizing arcing and deenergizing the circuit when an arc-fault is detected.

Google AFCI.
Sounds like you need some serious education. Begin with going down to your local Home Depot / Lowes, etc. and browse all the aisles. Look-Touch-Read-Smell.

Jeffery

On some specific topics you are correct, that is why I am taking the course to educate myself. It was a simple suggestion that did not constitute a snarky reply that suggests that I need Serious Education!

But thank you for your kind advice!

Tomas,
Trust me, if you don’t know what an AFCI is and how it operates, going so far as to claim a simple description “doesn’t paint a clear picture”… you definitely need some serious education!!

Do your next inspection with your eyes closed then.

I thought this was an educational forum not FB where your trash people for asking a question…

Someone now loves you for attempting to make him emotionally strong.
And now you’re snarky… … … ? …

1 Like

I did not see a question anywhere in your post, just a bunch of inexperienced opinion and criticism!!

I think that narrative needs polish.

Try this narrative.
The Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters, or AFCI, utilize detection circuitry to discriminate between normal and unwanted arcing conditions. Once unwanted arcing condition in a circuit is detected, an AFCI breaker trips internal contacts thus de-energizing circuit voltage thus reducing the risk of potential fire to occur on combustible materials and damaging the circuit cable.

Don’t respond to snarky members.

What the hell is a “Normal” arcing condition??

Don’t believe WAFI posts!!

1 Like

When you run into this type of thing throughout the nachi courses that you do not fully understand you just need to do additional research outside of nachi’s education courses.
Throughout all of their courses there are several issues that are not completely clear, and oftentimes incorrect, that is where additional research will be of help to you.

2 Likes

And you call yourself a home inspector? Arcing, when electricity jumps from a one connection to another.

Jonas, you are a constant trouble marker on the MB. I bet you personally have chased away reams of new InterNACHI members with you insults and aggressive behavior.

New members. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Avoid his posts at all cost.

1 Like

And you consider that normal??

WAFI

1 Like

She won’t address the bad info.
Snarky WAFI alert!

2 Likes

Get ready. Here come the three amigo’s.

Wonder how much work the great with attitudes like this. Lol.

Thank you, That is advice I can use and is actually helpful.

Tom

F.O.A.D. WAFI

1 Like

Same advice I gave, without the kiss-ass make a friend drivel!

1 Like

Robert

Thank you for that definition, I have a fairly decent understanding of electricity and the wiring in a home, I got stuck mentally on “Device” I know about GFI’s and breakers.

I am not an electrician although I have done every other aspect of construction in residential construction from Concrete Forms to roofs and everything in between.

Thank you for breaking that down for me.

Actually, I replied to you by mistake.

I do have some advice for you though. It’s better to be thought of as a complete dick than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!

2 Likes