Explanation Videos

I have seen some inspectors use videos in their reports to explain simple things to their customers. Is there a library with videos such as this, or are we on our own to find them?
Thanks!

Nothing beats “show-n-tell” with your client in front of the issue… in person!!

Take your own videos when you’re at the inspection.

1 Like

I agree, show n tell is better and I do that. These little videos are great reminders that the customer can keep. As far as making videos, I’d like to not have to make a video for every customer, so having a library would be a great tool in my back pocket

Good idea Dave!

Videos take up a lot of memory (space). While your equipment may easily handle it the clients may not and they may lose patience trying to wade through a video. Older customers in particular (my generation) don’t want to watch our news on a video, I want to read an intelligent news article that includes all the facts. I think i’ll stick with graphics and diagrams. When someone asks you the time they don’t want to know how to build a watch.

2 Likes

So is there a library with graphics and diagrams?

| Robert (Bob) Kenney, MD Lic.# 31044 rkenney InterNACHI®️ CPI
July 23 |

• | - |

Videos take up a lot of memory (space). While your equipment may easily handle it the clients may not and they may lose patience trying to wade through a video. Older customers in particular (my generation) don’t want to watch our news on a video, I want to read an intelligent news article that includes all the facts. I think i’ll stick with graphics and diagrams. When someone asks you the time they don’t want to know how to build a watch.

As a matter of fact there is, and its available to all InterNACHI members for free!