Failure to Follow Safety Rules

Thanks Scot.

All the best.

One word for you Roy. Petulant.

Also known in the various other forms, such as - but not limited to:

peevish, bad-tempered, querulous, pettish, fretful, cross, irritable, sulky, snappish, crotchety, touchy, tetchy, testy, fractious, grumpy, disgruntled, crabby…

You could just as easily have posted your information on the NACHI MB so all inspectors could see it.
That way it remains AT ARM’S LENGTH and there are no conflicting interests and all InterNACHI members, All, GET TO SEE HOW THE INDUSTRY OPERATES IN ONTATOR.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Len, Read post #5.
You could just as easily posted that information on the NACHI MB so all InterNACHI inspectors could see it. A link could have been introduced at the bottom of the post after.
That way it remains AT ARM’S LENGTH and there are no conflicting interests.
Makes perfect sense to me.
I truly do not see why you can not understand that.

Robert, Read post #4. I did post that information on NACHI. The fact you didn’t bother to read it is your problem.

I’m not in the habit of replicating my posts all over the place. It appears, unlike you, I have Home Inspections to perform, and clients to support. I don’t have all day to cut and paste stuff all over the place.

A link works well for Inspection News, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. It should work equally well here.

Grow-up.

Sorry Len if I was mistaken.
Keep up the good work.

You provided a link and nothing else.
Grow up Len.

Maybe you should go back and read the thread again Robert.

My suggestion is that you pay close attention to the words that are NOT a link. You might find I wrote slightly more than “a link and nothing else”.

Once again, you succeed in shooting yourself in the foot while it appears indeed to be in your mouth.

Len, why do you act this why. Nonsense, childish behavior.
You wrote an article and published the article on OntarioACHI’s website.

Post #4 clearly exhibits you are explaining to Roy, author of the thread, "You are probably right Roy, which is why I, like you, provide the links to these subjects to at least inform people that they are there for their benefit.

You appear to be benefiting through InterNACHI BY linking to OntarioACHI…

The article deserves merits.
Len, you could easily publish the article you wrote for all InterNACHI members to see on the message board and install a link within key words or phrases to get better SEO juice and to show members you are sharing.

I agree with Roy. Sorry Len, but that is how I see it.
Best.
Robert

PS: Good article. Too bad it was not posted/published here as well.

Robert,

I write articles on OntarioACHI and point to InterNACHI for references. I write articles on Facebook and point to InterNACHI/OntarioACHI and other sites for references.

Other people write articles here and point to their own web sites, other organisations they belong to and other social media sites, but I am the only one singled out by you and Roy Cooke as using InterNACHI for my own purposes and not spreading information to other members?

Here’s how the Web works (grossly simplified)

1. A person writes something somewhere that can be rendered as a web page, or reads something somewhere that is rendered as a web page.
  2. Those items have what is known as a URL.
  3. The person copies that URL to another web page/forum/post and it can be clicked on by anyone else who wants to read it.
  4. When another person clicks on it from another site, if the site is being fair (which OntarioACHI is) it will send a trackback to the originating site (in this case InterNACHI)
  5. As such, posting the links to OntarioACHI (or my own website/facebook page/twitter account etc ad nauseum) allows people to read the message and gives InterNACHI the benefit of the trackback.

Copying the content verbatim from the “other source”:

1. Is a waste of time
  2. Does not recognise the efforts of the originator
  3. May be copyright theft

Demanding that I, or anyone else, that chooses to write a piece to promote my business, support the profession or otherwise entertain prospective readers is arrogant and presumptive. Putting a link from one page to another IS publishing it, just in a shortened form.

If the InterNACHI message board supported RSS feeds I could link the feeds in, and then InterNACHI would benefit from ALL the things we write at OntarioACHI. I’d be happy with that.

Calling me childish, or suggesting I am acting nonsensically emphasizes your total lack of understanding of things.

If you were to investigate a little further (maybe by going back and reading the entire thread and not just post #4) you’d see that I posted a link and commentary to a Safety-Bulletin we had sent out to over 736 Home Inspectors in Ontario, again PRIOR to the case raised.

For that entry I incurred the wrath of the titans because they assumed I had the contact details of every Home Inspector in Ontario and failed to submit this missive to some of them.

Let me enlighten you. OntarioACHI has the contact details of those Inspector who have registered with us, either for subscription to newsletter or because they are interested in what we are up to in Ontario.

If they don’t subscribe, we can’t send them stuff, no tbecause we don’t want to, but because we don’t know they are out there.

Guess what, InterNACHI is in the same boat. Not every Home Inspector in Ontario come onto the InterNACHI message board. That’s fact. Not nonsense, not childish, just plain fact.

But I suppose that’s my fault too is it?

Keep banging on at me, suggesting I might in someway be deficient either in age, intelligence, intellect, scruples, ethics or morals proves only one thing.

As for befitting from links at InterNACHI. Have you checked your (and everyone elses) signature here on InterNACHI? Yep, they are links. How many trackback here? None of your I guess.

You and those that continue on this path of wanton destruction and groundless accusations have a bug up there ar5e with me, plain and simple.

Get over it. I am.