Fall Arrest Training in Burlington Oct 4/06

I have set up a fall arrest training program for Wednesday, October 4, 2006 in Burlington, Ontario. 10 am to 2 pm The cost is $100 plus GST. Video, some practical work and an exam. At the end you get your certificate.

Only pre-paid inspectors will be allowed. For further information you can e-mail me at aciss@sympatico.ca

All the best

Allan
ACISS Home & Commercial Inspections
www.aciss.ca

Great Allan. Thanks for setting this up.

I hope the practical work doesn’t involve actually falling off a roof :smiley:

No just the video highlights!

Due to the demand and interest I have arranged for this training, provided by a certified trainer from the Ontario Construction Safety Association. The certificate you will recieve is recognized by the Ministry of Labour and Workplace Safety Insurance Board.

This is open to everyone and anyone.

All the best
Allan

aciss@sympatico.ca

Do you want it posted on the Canuck Forum?

No courses in Ottawa I suppose, huh?

I called a local company that rents equipment and got a contact name from them. They will often put on training for contractors that rent equipment and require their employees to be trained.
If you wish to pursue training in another area contact a local equipment rental company.
The standard price is $125 each, I rented the hall and am providing coffee, lunch is at your cost. I am hoping for at least a dozen applicants (at $100 each) to cover the costs otherwise it will cost me. So any extra posting is helpful for everyone.
Again I am trying to get things done for us as a whole cheaper and easier than every individual trying to do this on their own.
Thanks
Allan
www.aciss.ca

Posted the message on the canuck forum at 10:05 pm to-day, thanx.

Good work - good training
http://www.csao.org/UploadFiles/Safety_Bulletins/Central/February2004.pdf

http://www.csao.org/UploadFiles/Safety_Bulletins/Central/September2004.pdf

In June 2002, Fall Protection training became mandatory for all workers on construction sites in Ontario. There are additional training requirements depending on the type of construction work you do and the types of hazards you face on a site.

I would highly recommend it for all inspectors!

Thanks Claude for the re-enforcement on the importance of this training. We have approx 7 inspectors interested now. We are hoping for at least 12. So if you can advise or post this training to others it will help us all.

Remember if an MOL (ministry of labour) inspector drives by and sees your company truck and ladder against a roof he is just likely to stop in to see if you have a fall arrest training certificate. It may be a warning or a couple hundred dollar fine, but being having the training makes you safe and your family happier.

All the best

Allan
aciss@sympatico.ca

Claude is right, but, since when is a home that is on the market a construction site? Do you have to pull a building permit to do a home inspection?
Larry

With one week to go for the training I am still looking for serious inspectors who wish to receive this training. We have about 6-8 confirmed and have room for double that.
Call or email me, this safety training is well worth the hundred bucks.

Allan
www.aciss.ca
905-633-8219
1-866-573-7131

We now have 13 confirmed inspectors. Anyone interested in signing up last minute please e-mail me.

Thank you

Allan

aciss@sympatico.ca
www.aciss.ca