False posters

You’ll be happy to know I had to take extreme measures, but you will be happy to know Mr. Dave Bottoms aka Norm Smith has been blocked as have all his other false names.

See how long it takes for him to reappear yet under another phony name.

I am going to miss Norm. :wink:

I think we all are. I wonder who he will come back as. :frowning:

I would have to say that blocking Norm Smith is a exercise in futility. Why bother if he can just come back as someone else?

Thats a good point Jason. If we all complain to the appropriate people I think we can keep him out. We will all know when he’s back. He’s lurking right now figuring out what new name he will use. :frowning:

Cheers,

Never bothered me, he made a lot of good points.

Its like you have a bad apple do you leave it in the Barrel or get rid of it .
This is not the first time this person has done this but with a little luck he will move on .
Roy Cooke A happy Nachi Member

Nick Gromicko
Founder

NACHI Member: Staff

Posted: Oct 27, 2004 11:54PM Post subject: Former U.S. President defends NACHI’s unmoderated m-board.

Unlike ALL other home inspection industry message boards, this message board protects free speech. It is open and free to all. It is unmoderated (so be polite). You need not worry that we will edit or delete your posts. You need not worry about being banned.

“The only security of all is in a free press. The force of public opinion cannot be resisted when permitted freely to be expressed. The agitation it produces must be submitted to. It is necessary, to keep the waters pure.” --Thomas Jefferson to Lafayette, 1823. ME 15:491

Nick Gromicko
Founder

We have come a long way…

Haven’t we! :slight_smile:

Fwiw

These are the rules when you register to post.

Forum Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the ‘I agree’ checkbox and press the ‘Register’ button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of NACHI Message Board will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of NACHI Message Board, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of NACHI Message Board reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Over the years there have been some threads removed and some folks banned, but for the most part this board is not moderated and almost all post stay as they were posted.

It’s a good thing.

If you want to be moderated and have your posts spell checkd(sic):stuck_out_tongue: you may want to visit TIJ.:wink: