Farewell to a fellow NACHI member.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Dear Nick:

I regret to inform you that I will not be renewing my membership. Last year I moved to Delaware and thought I would pursue a new career in home inspection. I found it tough to break into and at my age I did not want to start all over by starting my own company. Been there and done that with the HVAC business I started in '72.

I will say that the training I received at Delaware County Community College http://www.nachi.org/dccc.htm last year was invaluable. It has afforded me the ability to choose a position in property management that I would not otherwise been able to. At present I command the maintenance department at the prestigious Bellmoor Inn in Rehoboth Beach. While it is a new building, it has many construction shortcomings and problems which I am able, because of my home inspection training, to assist the new owners, seek legal recourse, etc. Also, the equipment you use for home inspections is invaluable in helping me track down leaks and other problems inside the walls without disrupting the rental units or taking them out of service.

If I was 10 years younger I would have jumped on the NACHI bandwagon and made a hell of a go of it. I wish you all luck, especially with your new ties to the real estate brokerages. To my friends and associates who are buying, building, or selling real estate, I will always sing the praises of the NACHI organization.

Sincerely,

Mr. Richard G. Urban

Originally Posted By: jmyers
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Best Wishes Richard. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Joe Myers