Feedback on InterNachi IR Class

What specifically can’t three people agree on concerning infrared thermal imaging practices?

What variables are you talking about? Your talking about physics, psychrometrics, thermodynamics etc.
The laws of thermodynamics are responsible for the creation of the universe, they’re not variable .

Sign up for the class. I can guarantee that you’re going to learn something. Hopefully you will realize that John’s opinion that his class is good enough for you and this home inspection industry doesn’t rub off on you.

You may want to run this “certification” class by your insurance provider and see if they will cover you for your additional services you will be providing.

My insurance provider won’t except it…

While we may have some different perspectives on some specific topics (what technical field has professionals that don’t?), I haven’t heard any disjoint among the thermographers here about what quality training programs are out there or who provides them. In fact, I think we have been very consistent and vocal on the topic.

Some insurance providers don’t accept level one. Some will not accept anything. Some are ignorant of what they do not understand.

Take this course instead and learn from one of the most competent and qualified educators in the industry:
http://www.infraspection.com/courses_dl_building_inspector.html

It’s a $1000 course for half the price to NACHI members

Instead of a $100 course at 5 times what it’s really worth. :wink:

Remember when comparing apples to apples, our class has a live instructor.

and still worth more than the price of admission.
Student can take the course on their own schedule and have ANY question answered promptly by the creator or any of his highly trained staff.

This course also includes HIGH quality, easy-to-understand, and CORRECTLY interpreted images unlike the grainy, out-of-focus, incorrect interpretations, or manufacturer stock images included in courses from other providers. Images are used for substance and knowledge rather than show and tell time.

Students will not be interrupted or distracted by barking dogs, ringing phones, or coffee requests from the instructor either. :smiley:

I took John’s class 3 years ago. I still believe it was well worth it. Plus I got a great deal on a camera!
I’m not a HI, but what I think is sad is the arrogance that I see on this forum with the know-it-alls. Why does someone always have to be better that someone else? Why can’t you guys just all get along?

I have zero opinion about Johns class but find it strange that a new user is the first to post a review and after x number posts.

Lack of people coming here to tell us if it was worth it bothers me.

Where are the real guys ?

Very few members actually post on the forum. Those who do read the post they see want nothing to do with dealing with the attitudes they see posted.

I get positive comments and email for our class every month.

John that is a good reply but most services by vendors here get many comments from members .

What is different ?

Most members are not attacked for saying something good about another company, but our students are publicly attacked.
But that’s OK… our class continues to grow. Extremely few classes can say they have never canceled a monthly class
in 5 years for a lack of attendance. That might sound easy to say, but go out and get the same results and see if you can
do it. People vote for our class with their continued support, despite the efforts of a few on the forum to cause damage.
Several well known inspector schools have gone belly up in this slow economy, but not us. We are growing.

Okay, so maybe I will try another approach. What classes out there have the IR community found to be helpful? I was told that much of the week long class that is put on through FLIR doesnt have much to do with home inspections. Is that true? I thought before I spend several thousand dollars I would try to get some info. Thanks in advance.

William,
Thanks for that input. I will look into that class. I found your post most helpful.

Jesse, I took my Level 1 course from The Snell Group. They are the biggest educational providers in the IR field and they are completely unbiased regarding camera manufacturers. But they will give you alot of valuable info regarding what camera will work best for your needs. They run courses all over US and Canada. Here is the link to their training schedule http://www.thesnellgroup.com/training-schedule.aspx?category=1

I don’t know about that…

…not that I don’t endorse them.

I bet John McKenna is bigger than Snell! :-0

…not that I endorse him.

I personally do not think you can learn IR in 4 days.
Basics YES but to call yourself level 1 NO.

Speaking of Mr. Snell…
Here’s a short video of John Snell with an infrared camera.

Nice.

InterNACHI has a ton of online courses that teach home inspectors what they need to know to use infrared thermography, including: InterNACHI® - International Association of Certified Home Inspectors

I personally like this short training video - http://www.nachi.tv/infrared/inspection-with-an-ir-camera.htm (It’s equivalent to a 4-hour in-field training class edited down to only several minutes).

And our InspectorOutlet has a great camera http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/thermal-imagers.aspx

Thanks Ben I have not seen the one from John Snell.

Thanks Ben.

John, I will post positive quotes on your program.
I thought that it is interesting course study today.
I see it aimed at the home inspector and as an added tool for the home inspection process.

Now after my first phase of the 2 part course I am satisfied with everything that the PDF and John provided.

I will continue to post as I finish and continue with the POST IR Certification education free of charge. If you are joining INACHI its a no-brainner to enroll.
If you are a INACHI member in good standing you apply a $100 credit to you yearly membership fee.

I will also be going to level one later this year. Please everyone understand the value you receive in everything you do.

Please if you must post negatively align it with fact.

Let me say when I joined INACHI several years back the educational media was costly and the pricing came down to zero with the advancement of education on the rise yearly. Also; We all fight to gain an income and livelihood from this industry, so please be respectful.