FEMA classes Jan/Feb 2008

Gosh I hope they don’t take a year to send out the fingerprint package and approve me. They want you to go in and practice with the software and you really don’t get any credit for it until you get a password and number. I was under the impression that approval was faster than that. And I understand that deployment might not come for a while but the instructor said that we should be in the website at least one time a month. I wonder if anyone could help us NACHI folks. Like applications and fingerprints sped up some.:roll: Especially those of us that would truly like to do this.
Dana

All,

As some of you mentioned, the background checks have become a bit of a bump in the road. We share the frustration, but this too shall pass. The chokepoint is the Dept. Homeland Security, not PaRR. The procedure is dictated by HS, and is still a work in progress. But don’t let the bureaucracy scare you off…one day the procedure will be streamlined, and we’ll be off to the races.

As for new classes in Atlanta (and elsewhere), pls keep an eye on the website for new class postings. The individual trainer decides where and when classes are posted in his region, and Atlanta’s in a colleague’s area.

Jeff Coffey
PaRR Inspections

Jeff,
Thank you for your help. I guess all we can do is wait. Next large disaster and basic fact is that they will need us. Lots of people must get discouraged. Im gonna hope and wait. The instructor gave us a tempory number and password but it is only good for this month. I guess thats why I thought it would be sooner. Its a long time till huricane season. But I would like to attend advanced classes before then. Its all good though. Thanks Again
Dana:cool:

Dana, just keep practicing. If you can take the advanced class that would be time well spent, but, personally, after doing this for a few years, I would recommend you make sure you are comfortable with the OTM’s that PARR has online before you go to the advanced class so that you don’t get bogged down at the class. Remember, when you are first deployed, you normally are going to go out your first time with an experienced inspector for at least 2-3 days, so it needs to be a bigger disaster for this to happen.

Hi Jeff, haven’t seen you in a while. :slight_smile:

Thanks Dave…I appreciate the advice. Im ready when they are ready. And I will keep practicing. See you in the feild!:wink:
Dana