Fire caused by Faulty Dryer Vent

Fire Caused By Faulty Dryer Vent

[FONT=Tahoma]Recent Home fires in Berwyn and Pottstown, PA were caused by a faulty dryer vent. The fires were extensive with property damage but no one was injured. Things could have been much worse.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]Nanci Hagarty, with Mr. Dryer Vent in West Chester, PA, specializes in dryer vent cleaning and repair. During a recent interview, Nanci said, “Over 17,000 dryer fires occur annually with failure to clean dryer vents being the number one cause. Regular dryer vent cleaning promotes dryer safety and efficiency.” Nanci is alerted by restoration and insurance companies when tragedies like dryer vent fires happen due to poor dryer vent maintenance. The devastation can be avoided entirely by maintaining the vent, including having them cleaned and checked for leaks, which will greatly improve the efficiency of your clothes dryer.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]People who have pets need to know that pet hair can also accumulate in dryer vents. "Pet hair is a very problematic material inside the dryer vents. It causes complete obstruction in the dryer vent system because pet hair from clothes and towels is more abundant than lint. In the vent, pet hair weaves itself causing very hard blockages. We know this because we routinely clean dryer vents in vet offices, pet salons, horse riding establishments, animal shelters and houses with multiple pets. Nanci Hagarty urges everyone to have their dryer vents inspected by a professional dryer vent cleaning company at least once a year to be sure they are not clogged with lint, dust and animal hair. “The fee for dryer vent cleaning service is very little compared to the cost of repairs and loss of lives as the result of a fire,” says Nanci Hagarty.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]Mr. Dryer Vent of West Chester PA provides Dryer Vent Cleaning, Installation and Repair Services throughout Delaware, Chester and Montgomery Counties of PA as well as New Castle County, DE[/FONT]

Thanks Nanci for posting this .
I was doing an inspection a while back and was explaining to the purchasers about why the white plastic pipe should not be used .
I was also explaining how dryer vents should be maintained .
The purchaser came over and grabbed my hand and thanked me .
He said I wondered what you would say about the dryer .
He then told me how he was fire fighter and how he had gone
to three fires in March from dirty dryer vents …