Fire Sprinklers save lives and homes

I submit that your view of freedom is terribly flawed.

And yes banning candles would save far more lives than sprinklers if that is the only criteria.

Candles are down on the list for causing fires , But wait death by candle would go down if sprinklers where installed . now wouldn’t it .
Can you prove other than the lame excuse you like tossing.
Do you wear a seat belt or you a rebel about that too
Do you drink and drive ?
Other things that where passed with the same old excuse of infridgement .
Have you every recovered a chard body ?

Well then how about stoves?

Would you like to object to that too?

Yes those things also take away your freedom.

Infringement is limited to the second amendment.

Like I said your concept of freedom is flawed.

**Building homes from only fireproof materials would also “save lives”

Am I getting through yet?**

Like I said many things can “save lives”

Where do you draw the line between freedom and an oppressive government?

Banning gun control laws would save more than both. A lack of guns in the hands of innocent people leads to their death by tyrants. 100 million unarmed people were slaughtered in the last century because they didn’t have the weapons needed to thwart tyranny.

Um Mikey a fire proofing home practices are set in place , fire walls, smoke detectors, grounding, and so on. These things where not in place many years ago also. so there you go. you never be able to fire proof a home . but you can improve suppression . but then again you will argue just for the sake to argue it has nothing to do with freedom it has everything to do in improving life. Fire Departments where not in place either for many years till some one figure out they could reduce the loss. I am sure there was someone just like you opposing all the above back then too . but you grown to accept it has a normal thing . Carry on waving that freedom on everything you disagree with, As stated above not all is a big government conspiracy.Fire departments. Insurance companies, all feel this will save millions of dollars and lives.

Were guns not invented to improve the killing, I think it was going on way before then.:wink:

You still refuse to answer the questions.

How far are you willing to go using government mandates in the name of saving lives?

I guess some of us value our freedom to make choices and decide how to spend our resources more than others.

I value freedom but not stupidity .Lets us fight to remove all things in place to protect human life .
Yeah your right Mikey 2700.00 is way to much to protect your family from death. it would be better paying higer insurance rates to big insurance companies
http://www.sfm.illinois.gov/documents/Fact%20Sheet%20-%20Home%20Fire%20Sprinklers%20Fact%20and%20Fiction.pdf

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/citizens/home_fire_prev/sprinklers/

Home fire sprinkler messages

**Safer fire service:**

The risk for firefighters decreases when home sprinklers are in use because sprinklers reduce the intensity of the fire by dousing the flame earlier.
Fast response:
Modern home sprinklers are designed to respond to fire faster than commercial or industrial sprinkler systems, because they are more sensitive to heat.
Aesthetically pleasing:
Home fire sprinklers are smaller and less conspicuous than commercial or industrial types. Some color variations are available and some can be installed flush with the ceiling.
Reliable:
Sprinkler systems exceed a 95 percent “fail-safe” status in laboratory testing. Sprinklers are individually activated only if there is a fire in which the heat escalates past that sprinkler’s trigger point.
Investment protection:
Sprinklers can prevent devastating home damage by extinguishing flames quickly. Sprinklers can limit the damage caused by smoke and fire and are less damaging than water damage caused by firefighting hose lines.
Simple installation:
Installing a home sprinkler system to a home that is under construction or being remodeled requires minimal extra piping and labor and greatly increases the safety of residents.
Low water requirement:
Home fire sprinklers can be connected to the domestic water supply and require less water than commercial and industrial systems.
Low cost:
A sprinkler costs about $1.35 per square foot. This cost is about the same as upgraded cabinets or carpet.
Lower insurance:
Installing a sprinkler system has the potential to lower insurance rates by 5-15% by meeting code requirements.

Free publication to order or download

“Home Fire Protection – Residential Fire Sprinkler Systems Saves Lives](https://apps.usfa.fema.gov/publications/display.cfm?id=135)” explains the benefits of home fire sprinklers and the financial and insurance advantages. It also discredits five myths about fire sprinklers with facts.
Social media messages

Copy and paste these messages to your social media accounts and ask your followers to share.
Twitter

Facebook

What if we told you there was a way to increase your chances of surviving a fire by more than 82% and decrease fire damage by up to 97% - would you want to find out more? You can by watching this 30 second video from the U.S. Fire Administration on home fire sprinklers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRpGTMRGKd8
Fire Prevention and Public Education Exchange

The Exchange serves as a centralized location for national, state and local fire prevention and life safety practices and public education materials that organizations may wish to share with other communities.
Browse Exchange model home fire sprinkler programs](http://www.lrc.fema.gov/starweb/lrcweb/servlet.starweb?path=lrcweb/STARLibraries1.web&search=R%3D196931;201825;201826;200055;196936;196935;203777) | Browse all Exchange home fire sprinkler materials
Outreach materials from other organizations

The U.S. Fire Administration recommends the following organizations as trusted and reliable sources for free outreach materials. These organizations offer fact sheets, videos, public service announcements (PSAs), model language, educational resources, and advocacy tools to help you educate your community about home fire sprinklers’ tremendous overall value and motivate local municipalities to adopt codes requiring their installation in all new home construction.

Fresno Fire Department PSA

This PSA from the Fresno (California) Fire Department is one of our favorites. It shows why living with fire sprinklers may be even better than having a firefighter in your home.

OPPOSING THOSE WHO WILLINGLY GIVE UP THEIR FREEDOM IS NOT STUPID.

Why would I have a problem with you CHOOSING to spend $2700 to protect your family?

I don’t. You can spend as much as you want protecting your family.

I have a problem with you demanding I do the same and using government to make sure it happens.

Like I said, your concept of freedom is flawed.

Just about the same price as most will spend on a marble counter top and ceramic tiles.

Maybe we should ban those counter tops to free up money for sprinklers,eh? :roll:

Let’s do away with all the building codes too. Who needs them? It’s an infringement upon our basic human rights.

And another strawman argument floats up from the sea bottom.

Is that the best you can do and an argument for giving up your freedom to decide how you will spend you money?

Yes. My Dad was a fireman. Sprinklers save lives.

A lot of things “save lives”

How much of your freedom do you want to give up?

Yes and I have several who are Firemen on my linkedin List and 2 Clients who also are Firemen in my list that will vouch for that also.

Missing the point.

Not surprised.:roll::roll:

Further on this he was completely surprised at the lack of knowledge in the Home Inspection Industry. One of the areas is the separation between the garage and the living space.

We’re giving up freedom’s every day. What do you, short of armed revolution, propose to do about it? We are outnumbered by the gimmedat’s. Especially here in California. I’ve given up. I’m just going to sit back and watch the whole thing fall apart.