First Re/Max.....Now Long and Foster..Makes me sick

Originally Posted By: mbartels
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Has anyone else here seen the new commercial for Long and Foster? I laid eyes on it for the first time ever this morning.

Man and woman walk into the home of their dreams. Ahhh how sweet.

But wait! Thoughts of insurance, contracts, etc. etc. run through their heads. And wait what about a home inspection? Who will handle all of this? icon_rolleyes.gif

Then they tell you how Long and Foster will do it all for you.

It seems that Long and Foster Realtors are now, at least in my neck of the woods, putting together a list of home inspectors who meet their standards. In other words they will charge you a boat load of money to be on the so called preferred inspectors list and could care less about ones actual ability. This is already taken place in most Coldwell Banker Locations and some Re/Max offices I have been to. Now when you go to Long and Foster they will tell you “This office already has an inspector.” HAS A, yes I said A inspector. This is getting way out of hand. I personally believe that this is the worst thing that can happen to an unsuspecting consumer.

I think we need to do something about this because I sure as heck don’t want to be working for that big home inspection company that’s based in the U.S.

This is just one more way of the larger companies getting larger and independents getting smaller.

www.overbrookhomeinspection.com

It’s not over till you’re underground

Originally Posted By: jrooff

This sounds like a job for marketing to get the word out or maybe you should talk to Russel Ray he maybe able to give you some advise.

I am hearing more and more of this and we should be able to us this as a tool in reverse somehow. icon_twisted.gif

Originally Posted By: mbartels

Yes… a tool in reverse…

Me thinks news coverage outta do it! icon_wink.gif

www.overbrookhomeinspection.com

It’s not over till you’re underground