First Referral

Originally Posted By: dacton
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Vince,

I did not mean to upset you! Maybe having an official affiliation is the key, such as NACHI Certified!!! Just trying to help icon_rolleyes.gif

Donald A. Acton

Acton Property & Environmental Inspection Services

North Massapequa, New York

Originally Posted By: rray

Hey, Vince.

I don't provide much help to non-members; just a personal decision of mine. However, I'm going to make a small exception here for you.

I visited your web site and here's what I found:

A home inspection is perhaps the most important chapter in the process of buying a home. Allow StepByStep to be a part of that process. Following your inspection you will be provide with a step by step easy to understand report covering the essential areas of your home.
Unquote

The text, I think, is good. However, your web site is like a r?sum?. It must be grammatically correct and there must not be any typographical errors. You must realize that if you have typos and errors on your web site, the person brousing your site is going to wonder what kind of errors are inherent as part of your home inspection and your report.

Here's how I would change that text:

A home inspection is, perhaps, the most important chapter in the process of buying a home. Allow StepByStep to be a part of that process. Following your inspection, you will be provided with a StepByStep, easy-to-understand report covering the essential areas of your home.
Unquote

Note the use of commas, compound hyphens, and the correction of "provide" to "provided."

I'd be happy to help more once you join NACHI; yes, it's a bribe. But it's a bribe that I believe will pay for itself for you. There are lots of tips and benefits in the Members Only area of NACHI. Hope to see you soon over there.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Vince Santos wrote:

Despite ALL the backbiting and criticism I hear about NACHI...

Some people will cling to the old entrance exam and Pittsburgh news articles til the day they die.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Vince,

Many inspectors that have success with web sites have told me the 'hits' come in bunches. Nothing for a while, then several in one month.

BTW, Isn't Step By Step a franchise? If so, do they offer marketing support for your company?

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: rray

My monthly reports from HomeInspections-USA.com show an average of 64 hits a day on my web site from their click-throughs.

About 10% of my business is coming from the Internet.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.