first Time

Scan it and keep a copy on your phone. When they ask, say, here it is.
Keep the hard copy at home.
My licence is included as part of my pre-inspection agreement which is part of my report, so, if they ask for that, I just show them.

Eric you are suppose to show them that prior to the inspection.
I email then this with attachments…

To comply with Florida Home Inspection Disclosure Statutes 468.8321.
“468.8321 Disclosures.—Prior to contracting for or commencing a home inspection, a home inspector shall provide to the consumer a copy of his or her license to practice home inspection services in this state and a written disclosure that contains the scope and any exclusions of the home inspection.”

I have attached to this email message the following documents.

1. Florida Home Inspector License
  2. Standards of Practice for Performing a General Home Inspection

Please reply acknowledging that you have received these documents

Payment is due at the time of inspection unless other arrangements have been made.
If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call 386-454-1584

Thank you for choosing 1st Pro Inspection
Sincerely
Roy Lewis

Just get an insurance certificate like you would ask for in construction. We keep on that doesn’t name additional insured. If they ask to be named just call and you can have one in an hour

Gee…I didn’t know that! :mrgreen:

All I do is select all of the pages and make a pdf of it, and send it prior to the inspection. Long before anyone else…
Anything else? :roll:

I may be misreading your comment above- but I believe that there is a distinct difference between “additional insured” and being named as a “certificate holder”. I believe that being listed as an additional insured on your insurance costs $ and just having a copy of your insurance sent listing the client as a “certificate holder” to verify that you have insurance does not cost $.

Please clarify if I am mistaken.

In one aspect you are correct there is a difference. Most of the time you will only have to list as a certificate holder although some may ask for different. As far as cost…that may be the difference in the less expensive policy. Our businesses have never had to pay extra to name additionally insured. But as always check with your insurance provider for a more accurate response on your specific policy. I can only commenton on our personal business experience

I am only speaking on my personal experience as well. I carry $1 mil-$2 mil general liability insurance. My carrier charges me per to have a client listed as “additional insured”. They do not charge me for a client to be listed as a “certificate holder”. While it may be 'part of doing business", the added cost of paying an insurance company to issue a certificate per client for an inspection firm doing 1-2 or 10 inspections per day can be a significant cost - both financially and logistically. If your carrier is different and does not charge per for additional insured, perhaps you could PM me your carrier info. I may need to change carriers.

Wasn’t a BIG deal, just asking if anyone has had this happen as it is the first time for me.
I include a copy of the state certification, exclusions and limitations as required by state mandate.
Also a copy of the state SOP in the inspection. I have a copy of email from Rick Morrison stating that it meets the intent as I emailed him when we had absentee clients in another country.
No BIG deal. Jus curious.

Forgot to add this; residence had a 500 S/F "mother in law addition added to the back, not permitted and “Uncle Bob” did the added electrical that was all screwed up.
I guess in hind sight, when the request was made it ran up flags on my radar. Interesting!