Flashlights

Originally Posted By: lkage
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hold up Harvey! I make a mistake. icon_redface.gif

I went back and checked and I ordered from here:

http://swps.net/swps/ultrastinger.html

The above link was one I saved from the previous thread about on Ultra Stingers but was posted after I ordered so I have no experience with them personally.

It was SWPS.net that I was satisfied with. They were $79 for flashlight only.

--
"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him."
Galileo Galilei

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

Just stopped at Lowes and they had 1,000,000 candle power rechargeable vector lights for $9.00.

Originally Posted By: ccoombs

I have several SureFire flashlights and love them. The only thing I don’t like about the rechargeable option is you have to remove the battery to charge it.

With the Stinger you can use the charger in your vehicle. I have been thinking about a Stinger and mounting the charger in the garage.

--
Curtis

Originally Posted By: jhugenroth

I won my Ultra Stinger as a door prize. The first day I used it I was way back in an attic and heard a POP! Luckily I keep a penlight in my pocket just for such an emergency. Somebody probably handled the bulb with their fingers and didn’t wipe the bulb off. The oil from your skin will heat the bulb and Pow! I ordered three bulbs so I have a backup, and the first time I used it after that the switch went out. The nearest dealer to me is about 20 miles away. I took it in and he fixed it right away (no charge) but my experience so far with the stinger hasn’t been positive.

I have a 10,000,000 candle rechargeable I got at Costco for 39.95 that I use like the other guys for the really dark crawls. Another light I have is a diver’s light. The light is very bright, and the one I bought is guaranteed for life. It was about 60 bucks and takes 6 “C” cells. The light is similar to the stinger.

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

light that I use. Lights up an attic pretty good. Its made by Neiko

![](upload://wwDQmX0gWC9OBKG85ighypTZsZC.gif)
- 2 x 6V 4.5AH Lead-Acid Batteries
- Dual 55W Halogen Bulb
- 5W Swivel U-Type Fluorescent Light
- ABS Handle
- Aluminum Body
- Light up to 60min in Single Lamp/10Hr in Fluorescent Light

--

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

I use a Pelican Super Sabre. Great all around light, very bright and runs off three “C” batts that seem to last forever. I’ve changed the batteries twice in two years, it is my full time light. Has a nice clip on it so you can clip it onto your front pocket. I’ve dropped it more times than I can count and it never skips a beat. Got it at Grainger.

My son just came back from shopping with Grandma for camp. They brought back with a little flashlight that had a bite paddle on the end. Pretty good idea for those times when you need handsfree.

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: lschmid

10,000,000 candle power. Light up the whole crawlspace or attic, maybe both at the same time icon_lol.gif Rechargeable in my truck. Never has run down yet. Got it at Advance Auto, around $60.00.

Larry Schmid

First Choice Home Inspection,Inc.

South Carolina Chapter President

www.1stchoicehomeinspection.com

A SAFE HOME IS A HAPPY HOME

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

Be careful with those things in your truck or anywhere for that matter, especially when recharging. I’ve heard stories of the on button becoming inadvertently locked in the on position and trucks burning up.

If memory serves, it might be David Valley that has a story to share about this.

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

Do not order from Tactical shop.com, apperantly, they are not legit…still no flashlight, no response icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted By: dedwards

I’m with John O. on the Pelican lights. Ive been using several for years and they are lightweight, batteries seem to last forever and very bright. Comes in dozens of styles, sizes and extremely durable. Ive dropped my Sabre Light numerous times and it still keeps on working. The prices on line are far better than what Ive seen others pay for lights on here. Most of the NiCad lights you buy at the Home Centers or elsewhere only hold a charge for half hour if you are lucky. The rechargable Pelican lights typically last for several hours per charge. Extremely white clean light. A lot of firefighters and others who have to enter areas where there is combustibles or gases use them. Try looking at:

www.beaconww.com and www.pelicanproducts.us

Originally Posted By: dedwards

Oh yeah, if you ever break it, they will replace it…forever. Can’t find a deal like that much these days.