flir T660 or T620

You should give Bob a call. He is a “Pro on Toys” (Flir 1).

Spend your money wisely.
There is a big $$$ between T-4xx and T-6xx that you should spend on your brain, rather than the camera (if you don’t have unlimited resources). In time as you build your business you will come to the point you need better equipment for what you are trying to accomplish.

You can ask Jim Sefferin, he doesn’t use just one camera for all applications.
As a Building Science Thermographer, you will need more camera. But as a Home Inspector, because of the Distance, Delta T, Emissivity you deal with, a T-4xx is a good match.

I have a T-620, T-400, and BX320. I only use the T-620 when I have the need for the job (like commissioning a power plant). I use an upgraded T-400 with wide-angle to do most Building Inspection (and places I don’t want to take a $30k camera) , and the BX320 for all other activities (and as a backup camera). Talk to someone who has worked a job with $1k mobilization cost and their camera didn’t turn on when they got there! I always have a spare.

Most of the Veteran Thermographers here only had one choice of cameras when we started (BCAM non-SD). Your choice is huge. Choose wisely.

Note: By the time you “Know” how to use a really high end camera, you will have burned up at least one camera in the process and newer, cheaper, better cameras will become available. I always buy a camera one generation behind the latest and greatest and have saved $$,$$$.
($10k for MSX is not a good investment.)

I still run a T400 High Temp imager and have never been presented with job specs requiring higher resolution or capability that would require a T6xx. I may acquire a T6xx at some point, but there is no compelling reason at this time. The goal is to provide a competent, professional service and make money, not have that latest / greatest imager. When the T6xx or megapixel imagers can make me more money or materially increase my capability for the thermography work that I do, I’ll upgrade.

That E60 your instructor showed you is a professional class imager and a real workhorse. It would be entirely appropriate for the vast majority of work that you are likely to be engaged to perform.

Great conversation gentlemen. I purchased a T-420 and am enrolled to take my Level 1 in December. I look forward to learning and growing in this area.