flood zone

Originally Posted By: gmickes
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I have a question, a good friend of mine who lives in port charlotte fl, his parents got hit buy the hurricane last year. they sustained mostly roof damage. but with the leaks and such they had to gut most of the house, the structure is stable and in good condition, in other words the home can be repaired. Heres the glitch, i guess fema and local inspectors brought up the 50% rule, being in a flood zone they want the home elevated 18 inches( i think it’s a stem wall) or demo it and build brand new, the home was built in 1964 and has never been flooded ever. they keep going roun n round w/ the beurocrats but can’t seem to get an answer.

any feed back would be appreciated

Originally Posted By: rcloyd

George:

Have them contact the local (county) flood plain administrator and ask to see the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) map of their area. This will help determine if they are in a designated flood zone.

Hope this helps,

--
Russell G. Cloyd
Intra-Spec Home Inspections
& Code Consulting, LLC
859-586-4591
www.intra-spechomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Use the address search featuer available at this link to the Charlotte Count, FL Graphical Information System. Look at the bottom of the page.

Don't go here if you're on dialup. The load times will kill you.

http://www.ccgis.com/gis/asp.htm?Title=Charlotte%20County%20Geographic%20Information%20System

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com