Floor tiles for roof?

Has anyone ever seen this before ? Floor tiles used as a roof covering material for a flat roof…

1 Like

Ahh, no… :flushed:

Really!!! :rofl::sweat_smile::laughing: if that isn’t a photo shop joke that is crazy

1 Like

I wish it was photo shop Randy… :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Wow. When you think you’ve seen everything.

Looks kind of cool, did it leak? LOL

1 Like

It does contrast nicely off the water.

1 Like

Surprisingly enough it was not leaking, YET.

1 Like

Well, it is a product for wet kitchen floors.

He probably used 55 gallons of adhesive to install the floor tiles on the roof…LOL!

2 Likes

Larry, I believe that might be linoleum with a square imprint. That would make it a little more water tight. Don’t know what ultra violet rays will do to it though.

1 Like

You are probably right, Marcel…thanks.

That’s what I was thinking, the exposure to sunlight over time will probably deteriorate it. Who knows maybe they discovered something new to the roofing world and by 2030 everyone will have floor tiles or linoleum as their roofing material :relieved:

2 Likes

There is no eventually about it. Linoleum is basically plastic. It would be a matter of when it will begin deteriorating not if. Regardless, a very interesting find…

Years ago at a home show I saw a sheet goods product that was marketed for use on flat roofs and decks. I don’t think it ever got much traction as I don’t recall ever running into it again.

They still make it Jim,

What is DuradekTM?

• 100% waterproof vinyl sheet good for outdoor use
  • Certified roof and pedestrian membrane
  • Reinforced Polyvinyl Chloride
  • Long-term solution for “walkable waterproofing”
  • Attractive, easy to clean walk surface
    Duradek - Outdoor Vinyl Flooring and Roof Membrane
2 Likes

That’s it Marcel…

1 Like

Actually;
Linoleum is a term used for a smooth floor covering made from a solidified mixture of linseed oil, flax, cork, wood flour and pigments, pressed between heavy rollers onto a canvas backing.

:wink:

4 Likes

ceramic, clay & natural stone for roof-deck covering
i’d report open seams & prone to leakage & uv damage if stick-on vinyl or seamed sheet goods
if that’s intended as a pedestrian surface the obvious absence of a guardrail is a known safety hazard

1 Like

Excellent read and history lesson Marcel. Thanks! It’s interesting to see how things are discovered and developed, especially when an oops turns into something beneficial. :thinking::smirk::smiley::smiley::+1::+1: Learned something new today…

1 Like