Florida CEU's

Helloooo!!
I am a certified commercial building inspector in Florida. I am contemplating joining InterNachi for several reasons. Adding home inspector to my accreditation’s will be useful. My Fl. Commercial Building Inspector license requires 14 CEU’s per year, 9 General, 2 Laws and Regulations, 1 Ethics and 2 Accessibility. I am wondering if the InterNachi Home Inspector CEU’s will qualify for my license. I work fora Structural Engineering firm that pays for my CEU’s, if these classes qualify for my license, I will try to get my employer to pay for my membership in lieu of paying for my individual CEU’s . So, I am asking are General CEU’s for Home Inspector equally qualified for Commercial Inspector? It’s all inspections, building, design, ethics etc. I don’t see why they would not count. Any insight would be helpful.
Thank You,
Bob Frank
KWA Engineers LLC
Tampa Fl.

Internachi members in Florida are Licensed by the State of Florida and required continued education is from Internachi for residential and commercial inspection plus a ton of other benefits. Would not hurt to join either way. Very informative and would be another feather in your cap.

I didn’t know that we had a commercial building inspector license. Please provide a link to the license you are referring to.

There isn’t as you know.

Yes, after my reply I looked it up on Dbpr. I only found Home Inspector. Couldn’t figure what planet he was from.

He has a Standard Building Inspector license with the state. This is for residential and commercial building inspections.

@Bob I think there is only one Nachi course that is good for CILB general CEUs - Wind Mitigation. I am not sure if it qualifies for BCAIB, which I assume you need for that license. Nachi has a lot to offer for general home inspection training though.