Florida easy fix

Current Home Inspector Law 2010 – and easy fix for everyone

Grandfather clause.

1(1) A person who performs home inspection services as defined in this part may qualify for licensure by the department as a home inspector if the person submits an application to the department postmarked on or before (delete March 1, 2011,) July 1, 2012 which shows that the applicant:
(a)Is certified as a home inspector by a state or national association that requires, for such certification, successful completion of a proctored examination on home inspection services and completes at least 14 hours of verifiable education on such services; or
(b)Has at least 3 years of experience as a home inspector at the time of application and has completed 14 hours of verifiable education on home inspection services. To establish the 3 years of experience, an applicant must submit at least 120 home inspection reports prepared by the applicant.
(2)The department may investigate the validity of a home inspection report submitted under paragraph (1)(b) and, if the applicant submits a false report, may take disciplinary action against the applicant under s. 468.832(1)(e) or (g).
(3)An applicant may not qualify for licensure under this section if he or she has had a home inspector license or a license in any related field revoked at any time or suspended within the previous 5 years or has been assessed a fine that exceeds $500 within the previous 5 years. For purposes of this subsection, a license in a related field includes, but is not limited to, licensure in real estate, construction, mold-related services, or building code administration or inspection.
(4)An applicant for licensure under this section must comply with the criminal history, good moral character, and insurance requirements of this part.

Comment: By extending the dead line date to July 1, 2012 Division 1 contractors, Code officials, ICC certificate holds, and home inspectors would have more time to apply for licensing. And in the same Bill an amendment to remove Division 1 contractors from performing repairs on home they inspect could be introduced.

Boooooooooooooooooooo

Why in the world would they extend the grandfathering time?

For why and what is going on in the Florida Senate that is a concern to your business and the public to go:

http://flnachi.org/hilegislation.html Look at SB 396

So that everyone living in Florida can become a home inspector and FL NACHI can sell more exams, silly. :roll:

Follow…>>>>>$$$ The money. :slight_smile:

I’m very aware of the bill and have contacted my state senator within the past few days. I suggest that all inspectors do the same.

I still question why anyone would want to extend the grandfather period.

About as truthful of answer as has ever been posted on this bb.:wink:

Licensing solves nothing.

Look out now. We are agreeing.

Extension…?? So any loco in the state can become a home inspector. Home Depot will be selling lots of flashlights and ladders. It should help the economy. If you have a high school diploma and can drive a pickup truck and can write a few words on a piece of paper, than you got it made. You just become a Home Inspector…loco, loco… The state is in bankrupt and need more money. What a joke!!! Richard are you drinking moonshine or smoking weed…!! We got some inspector in my county that should be picking tomatoes in a farm or sweeping side walks, they do not know their b…t from a hole in the ground and already have a license. That is really funny.
Meeker what do you think?? Give him the Meeker look!! Get him…, go Meeker, go…!

Sounds just like the way it was before some a-holes pushed licensing through, and NarciCrist signed it into law. Some things never change.:roll:

The Senate bill BS 396 will license by endorsement or grandfather Division 1contractors (building, residential, general), municipal and city code officials, and ICC certificate holders (that could be anybody; housewife, salesmen, librarian, etc) without any Home Inspection experience or proctored Home Inspector exam.

I would rather not extend the grandfather clause in the current home Inspector Law 2010.
I would rather everyone come through the same door as you and I and not some other way.

Everyone had the last nine months to demonstrate that they meet the qualifications to be licensed home inspectors. Why are these three groups any different than you?

If you’re state or national home Inspector Association meets the criteria for the proctored exam and home inspection education, then why has your association not provided them?

I encourage everyone to read the bill for himself.

Click the heels and proclaim loudly…and then it is so.

The same requirements everyone else had.

I thought my boooooooooooooo summed up my feelings already. :slight_smile:

I think that the contractors’ lobby grouparranged this delay so that these members would have a chance to get their licenses after they recovered from their stay in the hospital.

I see this crap in every state. Washington did an extension last year. Because I deal with licensing everywhere, I happen to know that if you extend a grandfathering deadline, you end up with just as many johnny-come-latelys who fail to make the new deadline as you had with the first.

I tell my own sons… You see that little round thing with two hands hangin’ on the wall? It isn’t there for decoration. It means something.

If an inspector can’t pay attention to time when applying for a license, how is he going to get to the house on time to meet his client for the inspection?

Don’t you have this confused with mold inspector, didn’t know you needed a high school diploma to be a home inspector.

Everyone have a good weekend, 10 days left till the hacks stop getting a license. :slight_smile:

Correct absolutely nothing

I’m a little confused – Whom is fighting for an extension of the grandfather clause?
And why?

I think it is the Evil-Doers.

Ok. Here’s the $64K question: Will those that were Grandfathered in 2011 get to keep their licenses?