Florida FEMA Inspections

Originally Posted By: rshumake
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’m thinking about going to the Parr Inspection training class sunday. Can anyone give me an idea on what to expect, especially those that have done this before. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Gary Van Florcke

Its nothing to worry about all of my guys including myself have gone. You will spend the day going over what to inspect and practicing on there laptops,using there reporting systems. Thats about it, you really learn when they send you out in the field and then dont worry as the have someone watch over you for the first few days.

Originally Posted By: rshumake

I’ve read the website but now they are saying you WILL be deployed upon completion. I’m more curious about lodging, area of coverage, hours, pay and thoughts of those who have been.

Originally Posted By: Gary Van Florcke

You are a subcontractor, if the disaster is more than 500 miles they fly you in and then you are responsible for all expenses, lodging meals car rental and such. You do not have to except any deployment ,you can pick and choose, although the more you are available the more they will give you .

Originally Posted By: rkulla

With the amount of damage to the homes & familys displaced, I can’t imagine there are allot of empty rooms in the motels.

Rex Kulla

Custom Home Inspections

Maple Grove, MN

(612) 799-3093

Originally Posted By: rsonneson

Parr pays 44.66 per inspection. You are on your own to work as much as you want. They have the opion that you need to work 7 days a seek. You pay for food, lodging, gas, phone, and any supplies you need.

Bob Sonneson

American Home Inspection Technologies