FLORIDA HOME INsPECTOR LICENSE

Grandfathering proposed under Senate Bill 1330 and House Bill 713

• At the time of application, have at least 3 years of experience as a home inspector and completion of at least 14 hours of verifiable education on home inspection services. To establish the 3 years of experience, an applicant must submit at least 120 home inspection reports prepared by the applicant. The department may investigate the validity of a home inspection report submitted under paragraph (1)(b) and, if the applicant submits a false report, may take disciplinary action.

An applicant for licensure must submit to a criminal background check, be of good moral character, and obtain a $300,000 commercial general liability insurance policy.

Where can we get JUST the GL of $3000,000 for a decent cost???

Depends what you consider a decent cost. Mine is around $650.00.

I pay around $700.00 a year for 1 million… It really is not a major expense.

I pay $362 for 1 million. I went through my insurance agent that has my home policy.

“I pay $362 for 1 million. I went through my insurance agent that has my home policy.”

That is a heck of a deal for 1M. Which company is that? Hopefully, the state FLORIDA “DPBR” will stick with this grandfathering so we do not have to spend more money in taking unnecessary classes and testing.

WHAT SAY YOU?

Classes are free and online: www.nachi.org/education.htm

Already submitted for Department approval.

Gov. NarciCrist signed HB713 yesterday.

Has anyone heard how they will accept the 120 inspections:
signed affidavit with addresses
hard copy(lets see 120 inspections x 50 plus pages = 12 reams of paper, not the GREEN approach for sure)
electronic copy
???:smiley:

They are not going to ask you to submit all of them.

Please correct me if I am wrong but even if you take a proctored exam and have the continuing ed credits you still must have 120 home inspections under your belt? Does anyone know for sure if 4 points will count or not?

A 4 point is not a home inspection.:smiley:
nor is a wind mit.

Mike, I’m in the same boat.I left the buis
3 years ago and am just reentering . Don’t have inspections to qualify but am testing and will have 120 hours completed in a couple days . Then wait and see.no one will have answers till there are answers.

I think you are right. only time will tell. I am not sure it will even be worth doing. I may just sub them out. I do not get many standard home inspections anyhow and the financial responsibilities it will take to get and maintain another license may make it not worth it. :roll: Good luck to you. :mrgreen:

Hey guys
check out lines 693 thru 704

GOOD NEWS. It seems it we take the florida nachi test and pass we are in.

Four points, wind mits and roof certifications are not home inspections…

for those of us who have other association memberships, we had to provide them with lists of inspections for review. This is not a big deal.

That way it may kull the heard of inspectors to those who truly are inspectors…and only do inspections.

Laws of Florida / post 5-27-2010
http://laws.flrules.org/files/Ch_2010-106.pdf
same thing I believe

It seems that if you have 3 years of experiance + 14 Hours of HI education + 120 inspections you are in. Oh, well, most of us have 10 times those requirements. Great news!!:razz:

OR are a member of a trade org. that requires a proctored exam and have 14 hours education.

www.FloridaInterNACHI.org