Florida Insurance Inspectors Chapter

There are no DBPR approved Home Inspector courses yet.
[/quote]

Zoe,

Any idea when the DBPR might approve Home Inspector courses?

I would love to be involved - we’ve been performing Four Point Inspections for 15 years…allot has changed !!

Zoe,

Any idea when the DBPR might approve Home Inspector courses?
[/quote]

No - I can’t access the application protion of the portal - all I can pull up is just if they are approved or not.

I asked Nick which ones have been sent in - but he’s slammed right now getting all us here in Florida squared away and has not gotten back with me.
I would imagine he has sent the most important ones first, like Home Inspection certification, electrical, roof, plumbing, wind mitt, drywall etc.

He knows we can’t start teaching class’s here until they receive the DBPR HI education code.
But no association or commercial entity has any approved yet either……That includes Bill York’s Wind Mit class

So, Bill Yorks class isn’t approved by the State yet?

That is correct, he has submitted it for review. I believe the general concensus is that it will be approved once the State gets around to it.

Thanks Dennis. I sure hope Nick’s course gets approved as well.

Bert

I believe InterNACHI’s course will get approved, but it will probably need a simple update. It is a very thorough course with lots of information, but does need to be revised to reflect the new form and the various changes. My guess is that Nick will wait to hear from the State before he updates the course material. I wonder if they will require a proctored exam in order for NACHI’s exam to qualify as the “additional training” necessary for Home Inspectors.

John,

Let me know when you set up the meeting. Orlando would work well for me.

Orlando works for me.

BTW: getting classes approved by the CLIB section of DBPR has been taking the other trade organizations that I have experience with at least 3 months and they’re only excepting them at certain times of the year.
How ever I believe DBPR will fore go their usual schedule of approval for the first go round till they have a reasonable list. Also many of the approved classes will be able to be counted for multiple license types (IE. Contractors, roofers,etc.).

I think that they may be under the gun to approve a class that enable the HI to get the additional training that is mentioned in the Legislation that they approved. I think Zoe has a little more info on this topic.

Me and 4 other people in my company would attend. Nothing beats education!

Update:

I am waiting on a reply from a Hotel near Orlando Airport for a meeting. A date set for late October.

I would like to have a questions and answer period for wind mits.

We could have some vendors and some giveaways. I plan on give everyone that attends my forms.

I’m in - Let me know how i can help if needed

Well done JOhn, count me in as well.

I am in as well.

Our company recently moved into residential work and wind mitigation evaluations are good sources of income. However, very fragmented and political. A perfect application for association involvement. We certainly are intersted. Additionally, an engineer and contractor and has been sometime since tossing eggs but was profecient in an earlier life.

Hi John I’m very interested in joining. Just let me know when and where.

John, Have you gotten this project under way? I sure would like to participate. Let me know if you have a web site on this. Thanks

Count me in…John is this a one day class?

Update…

Dennis Bonner is heading up getting Nachi inspectors on the “preferred list” and doing citizens re-inspections.

We will have a meeting in Melbourne, Fl in late October. Working on a few guest speakers. I hope to include wind mit and four point training for those that want it. Several Q and A sessions, possibly Citizens, State Farm and a multi agent. The plan is to rotate the meetings around the state.

The second day will include a meeting on having an organized Nachi voice in Florida, for Home inspections, insurance inspections, septic and others. We would hope to have a board in place for additional meetings, and by-laws. Russell Hensel is helping in this area.

Anyone want to help or have anything they would like to see done?

Any vendor want to participate?