Florida interNACHI Exam

So do I understand interNACHI designated Zoe? “We designate who is in charge of proctoring our exams”. In addition Zoe gets all the moneys for Official Proctor of Exams? If so could you not designate me as well?

No, I can’t. InterNACHI doesn’t use or require a proctored exam in Florida. Florida InterNACHI does though. And Zoe is an officer in that organization.

No, she does not get paid any money for being the official proctor. She charges for proctoring exams though.

Now I am completly confused. What does “we” mean or who is “we” if not refeing to InterNachi in previous post?

And what does she is not getting paid she charges mean??? Who or what gets the $100.00 Fee?

Chip, LOL reread this thread it is pretty simple to follow.

Zoe charges $100 to proctor the exam, but she doesn’t charge InterNACHI. She charges the exam taker be they member or non-member.

InterNACHI doesn’t pay the fee. InterNACHI doesn’t collect the fee.

I understand the person taking the exam pays the fee not InterNACHI. What does she repersent FLORIDA InterNACHI and where does the moneys go? Do you Know.

Why don’t you send Zoe a private message and ask her.

Looks like someone want’s a piece of the “proctoring pie”. :stuck_out_tongue:

No. I have no idea what she spends her money on. I don’t know where your money that you earn goes either.

A couple of reminders that might help:

• The exam is free.
  • Florida InterNACHI accepts several other exams (see www.floridainternachi.org) so you don’t have to take ours.
  • Membership in Florida InterNACHI is free. There are no dues.
  • No one is required to join *Florida InterNACHI. *It is optional.

Ok Nick I have the basics of this.

Now one straight $100.00 question. Can I form a InterNachi chapter in NW Florida and proctor the InterNachi exam. Not Florida InterNACHI.
Am I reruired to charge for proctoring exams. And if not why?
Please just a straight ansewer Tried of dancing.

With all things equal you would normaly be right. I quit chasing money a long time ago. The heart burn I am getting, is the fact as InterNACHI member paying dues every year and pround to be one. I am have a hard time understanding why any one would have to pay for this proctored exam. 100 bucks is alot of money. Do the math the first test grossed $4200.00 for eight hours? I would hope a rep like Nick or someone else of Inter NACHi proctor said exams an Nick you do alot for us. I for one would wish to help my fellow Florida Inspectors save a little money in these hard times. Would you be willing to voluneer to proctor a exam?

I proctored rating exams every year the last ten or so years I was in the Navy. Basically, you hand out the tests then stand around making sure no one cheats of their neighbor. If you catch someone cheating, you take up the exam and ask them to leave. I take it they are also grading the exam on site.

Uh, I think its a bit more than 8 hours of work… LOL!

Her phone has been ringing off the hook, night and day, for the past couple weeks with hundreds of inspectors asking her questions about licensing, how to study for the exam, trying to register, trying to join Florida InterNACHI and trying to get her to set up a testing venue in their city, etc.

You still have not ansewred the question Nick. Can we start a NW Fl Chapter of InterNACHI and preform/Proctor said exams???

Chip asks:

Sure, anyone can form an InterNACHI Chapter: www.nachi.org/form.htm

And if your chapter wants to offer a proctored exam, I suppose you can charge for proctoring. Many home inspection schools and Community Colleges proctor our exams and charge and chapters are free to charge for services to their members.

My only suggestion is that you make it very clear on your chapter website that your chapter, oddly deciding to offer a proctored exam at the exact time when Florida is going through licensing is pure coincidence and that unlike Florida InterNACHI, joining your chapter will not help with grandfathering as the state doesn’t require a proctored exam for grandfathering. It requires membership in a state association that has certain requirements, one of them being the passing of a proctored exam.

Assuming you will be forthright about this odd coincidence… you are very free to do it.

Thank you. We don’t have to charge to proctor exams correct. And if I remenber it states membership in State or National association.
(1) A person who performs home inspection services as
defined in this part may qualify for licensure to be licensed by
**the department as a home inspector if the person submits his or **
her application to the department by March 1, 2011, whether ******
postmarked or delivered by that date, and if the person:
meets **
the licensure requirements of this part by July 1, 2010.
(a) **Is certified as a home inspector by a state or **
national association that requires, for such certification,
successful completion of a proctored examination on home
inspection services and completes at least 14 hours of
verifiable education on such services; or
(b) At the time of application, has at least 3 years of
experience as a home inspector and completes at least 14 hours
of verifiable education on home inspection services. To
establish the 3 years of experience, an applicant must submit at
least 120 home inspection reports prepared by the applicant.
(2) The department may investigate the validity of a home
inspection report submitted under paragraph (1)(b) and, if the
applicant submits a false report, may take disciplinary action
against the applicant under s. 468.832(1)(e) or (g).
(3) An applicant may not qualify for licensure under this
section if he or she has had a home inspector license or a
license in any related field revoked at any time or suspended
within the previous 5 years or has been assessed a fine that
exceeds $500 within the previous 5 years. For purposes of this
subsection, a license in a related field includes, but is not
limited to, licensure in real estate, construction, mold-related
services, or building code administration or inspection.
(4) An applicant for licensure under this section must
comply with the criminal history, good moral character, and
insurance requirements of this part.

So, basically, you received a paycheck for all your time invested in the process.

First, it is a moot issue as I am not in Florida.

Secondly, knowing what is all involved in the process, start through finish, no, I would not volunteer my time to proctor exams for free. Even at the $100 fee per exam, I would lose more revenue than I generated.

Contact Zoe… I am sure she would help you to understand.

Ok brother I agree. My whole point is that our National InterNACHI could have proctored said exam at no charge or modest fee and not lost money like you,me or well Zoe appears being compensated as I think she should be. Although my Minn. friend it is not always about the money sometimes it is just doing the right thing.