Florida License application is READY !!!

Go to :

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/CheckListDetail.asp?SID=&xactCode=1031&clientCode=0401&XACT_DEFN_ID=13062

Read for instructions

I have also attached the 20 page application

Zoe Fackler
Florida InterNACHI

It should be noted that Pearson vue does not have a heading for Home Inspectors yet. I will be calling them this am to find out what is up.

I did not notice how to attach home inspections. Did anyone else see an acceptable format? Can we send a list or do we need a printed copy of each?

For fingerprinting, there actually is a selection for home inspector on the Pearson VUE site. Follow the fingerprinting link (http://www.asisvcs.com/indhome.asp?CPCAT=0910REALAPPR) for fingerprint reservation online. You have to create an account, then follow the menus. It is called Florida Home Inspector Fingerprint (FLHI) sponsored by the FLDBPR.

Jeff Tatlock
BEACHSIDE Home Inspection
Serving Brevard County FL. Areas include Cape Canaveral, Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach, Indian Harbour Beach, Indialantic, Melbourne Beach, Viera, Melbourne.
www.beachsideinspection.com/why_beachside

Bottom of page 19…grandfathering provisions must have been in place prior to 7/1/10.:shock::shock::shock::shock:
application can be filed later.

You can obtain proof of your course hours here: http://www.nachi.org/certificatesofcompletion.htm

I got mine covered, ITA, NACHI, FLNACHI …
I did notice on page 1 of app. it says grandfathering based on exam, educ., or exp. that was completed prior to March 1 2011.
On page 19 it says - Applications filed under this provision will be reviewed by the department to determine eligibility based on meeting both requirements prior to July 1, 2010 for licensure by grandfathering.

Looks like someone messed up the application.

i saw that… I was banking on taking a test by 2011. i hope i didnt screw myself

Take the free courses: www.nachi.org/pre.htm You have to do them eventually for InterNACHI anyway. The Department has clearly made the process education based and I couldn’t be happier.

Just recieved this from DPBR hope this helps!!!

On July 1, 2010, The Department of Business and Professional Regulation began its licensing and regulation of home inspectors and mold related services. Applications with instructions and requirements are available on our website at: http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/homein/index.html for home inspectors and http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/mold/index.html for mold related services. Please visit the websites to access answers to questions you might have concerning the application process, licensing and general information about the professions.

One of the concerns that I have received is confusion with the initial application process for home inspector grandfathering. The two methods of licensure by grandfathering are:

If the applicant is certified as a home inspector by a state or national association that requires successful completion of a proctored examination on home inspection services and completion of at least 14 hours of verifiable education on such services;

or

At the time of application, the applicant has at least 3 years of experience as a home inspector and completion of at least 14 hours of verifiable education on home inspection services. To establish the 3 years of experience, an applicant must submit at least 120 home inspection reports prepared by the applicant. The department may investigate the validity of a home inspection report.

Only option #2 requires 120 inspection reports.

If you are applying for licensure using option #2 and submitting the required 120 home inspection reports, the reports have to be submitted by hard copy on paper. The department cannot accept an electronic version at this time. In addition, if any confidentiality issues exist, the applicant can redact information on the reports they do not want to make public record. Please contact the department at 850.487.1395 if you have problems or questions when filling out your application.

Sincerely,

Rick Morrison, Executive Director
Department of Business and Professional Regulation
1940 N. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
850.922.0336 (office)
850.922.2918 (fax)

For the cost of copying 120 reports plus postage and your time,
You could take InterNACHI Exam, have a nice dinner, and be done with it.
My application was sent in todays mail.

Maybe I’ll be able to advertise that I was the FIRST licensed Home Inspector in Florida. LOL (but only in business for 1 month).

Dennis P. Quigley
HomeSpector, LLC

Right there is the proof that “Licensing solves nothing”!!!

And thank you for posting that in the public for-all-to-see thread. Google should have it within a couple of hours. Maybe someone will finally get a clue!!!

It will be fun to send them 120 sixty page reports. I wonder how many will be looked at.:roll:

That’s going to work out to 6000 to 7000 pages!!! Hope they have a lot of storage!

I think DBPR are currently constructing a super huge warehouse to storage the millions of pages that they are going to received from the old timers Home Inspectors. A huge forest will be killed. DBPR is probably 20 years behind time and working in today’s environment with ZERO computer capabilities. That is the TAX payer’s money working at its best.

Tomorrow morning we will be offering the Department free use of and access to our digital report uploading system, www.FetchReport.com This would save both InterNACHI members and the Department a lot of money and time.

how does fla. want the 120 inspections… please someone tell us how! ?

They would prefer them engraved on 1/4" 14k gold plates, that way they can afford to set up a program to police us.

I guess that depends on where in the State you are.
Dennis and I went Friday morning at 9am and were in and out in about 15 minutes.
Cost is $57.00 each - make your reservation and pay on-line.

Zoe

They want hard copies of all 120 of them…

OR.
You could Join Florida InterNACHI take the exam and just send your exam resuts and ceritifcate…
Zoe