Florida Mold Licensing!

What is the real deal?

Florida Legislation Introduction - SB 1046](http://www.flsenate.gov/cgi-bin/view_page.pl?Tab=session&Submenu=1&FT=D&File=sb1046.html&Directory=session/2006/Senate/bills/billtext/html/)

House 0161: Relating to Mold Remediation & Assessment](http://www.flsenate.gov/session/index.cfm?BI_Mode=ViewBillInfo&Mode=Bills&SubMenu=1&Year=2006&billnum=161)

Have any of our NACHI Licensing genius’s pontificated on these matters, or is it just a another case of SSDD?

Which licensing geniuses are you speaking of, Joe? Hey, arent you a Florida inspector ? What’s your opinion on it? What should be done?

An extremely poor written bill. Too much language. This bill will be defeated because it cost’s too much money to set up and maintain a board.

Gary,

Thanks for the opinion. Straight and to the point. I happen to agree with you.

From your lips to God’s ear, but I doubt very much it will be as simple as that. There are other threads within this forum that blasts ASHI for their public involvement with licensing issues, but here it seems NACHI only employs blind speculation and head bobbing as policy.

Joe

Your thoughts

Do you think that this year anything will come about here in Fl in regard to HI or mold licensing and what do you think NACHI members should be doing about it??

rlb

My opinion, as far as I can see nothing has changed and as far as NACHI members are concerned my message is the same as last year… Be prepared, don’t put off accredited education or verifiable proctored testing and expect the unexpected.

Licensing is inevitable, denial is a river in Egypt and since NACHI claims to be the largest HI association in Florida they should at least be addressing the issue with their membership.

“When life looks like easy street, their is danger at your door.” ~ Grateful Dead

The Home Inspection bill was already killed.

Yeah right, you just keep believing that, just don’t piss & moan the day you wake up to find that an HI licensing bill was attached to some other bill that was a slam-dunk and you no longer meet the qualifications. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

As for me I could really care less… there ain’t no licensing bill coming down the pike that will ever put my company out of business.

wow. Sorry. Ouch. Since it is part-time for me and I already make 70 grand in my other job I guess I will not moan to loud. There will always be people coming in to the Orange County Jail. I am just finishing up a transition team for a new 300,000 sq ft jail we just built. Now a year of punch list.

Funny how Burkeson cried like a baby when he thought his livlihood was in danger of being snuffed out from pending legislation not so very long ago. Its funny how we forget from where we came.

Eh, Joe?

You have mail…

Yeah… very impressive. Want to post what you sent me, Joe? I’m not afraid.

BTW… You’ve got some mail of your own

Or, would you rather get back on point, with some observations and discussion. Or is it just easier to try and pick on folks.

Looks like me that you are the one who is trying to start trouble. Do you think you can go around insulting people in public whenever you choose? Just who the hell you think you are, Oh yeah I remember now… the ethics thingamabob or some such nonsense.

Listen to me, I attempted to take it off line with you but go right ahead and post what ever you like, big boy, I’m ready.

Have any of our NACHI Licensing genius’s pontificated on these matters, or is it just a another case of SSDD?

It seems NACHI only employs blind speculation and head bobbing as policy.

***Yeah right, you just keep believing that, just don’t piss & moan the day you wake up to find that an HI licensing bill was attached to some other bill that was a slam-dunk and you no longer meet the qualifications. ***

As for me I could really care less… there ain’t no licensing bill coming down the pike that will ever put my company out of business.

So I’m the one starting trouble. I believe the last quote (above) just about sums it up, and was the reason for my initial response to it. That response was met with insulting and threatening PMs. The saga continues…

Ah, yes… Mr Burkeson.

Joe, you seem to have a selective memory. For it was not I who sought your help a year or so ago. It was the other way around. It was you who, at one point in your career, needed NACHI, not the other way around. It was you who, at one point, asked many of us to come to your defense on everything from licensing woes to questions as to the validity of your electrical contractor’s license (alleged by others onthis and other message boards). Remember the attacks against you, Joe? I do. They weren’t very pleasant.

Yet, in all that, Joe, I never insulted you. To the contrary, I defended you. it was only after you reached that magic threshold needed to ensure you could survive licensing in your home state, did you seem to turn sour on this organization.

Do I insult you, Joe? Not really. I can dish it as well as you can. The difference is that I can also take it. One challenge to anything you may say, even those posts which make some sense, are met with venom.

Insulting? Who started the line of bull$hit this time, Joe? Me? Gary Porter? Nope… it was your salvo which started it. When folks engaged in conversation, it was you who started the insults. When I reminded you of your past requests and fears, you PM me and try and get cute.

You tried to take it offline. Right. You made a threat, Joe. Plain and simple. You pushed, and I pushed back. Big deal. Dont try and make this like some honorable thing you attempted. Call it like it is.

I dont know. The nature of the “information” about me you presented, and the other comments, and warnings, you posted smelled a little like attempted intimidation, actually. Too bad it didnt work.

As for me, and the childish veiled threat you made , all I can say is to grow a set and show these good folks what you are made of. Go ahead, Joe. Post your inane allegations. Have the facts to back it up.

Remember, I am the a-hole you referred to in your last PM to me. You challenge me like some schoolyard punk. I dont scare too easily, Joe.

Remember, I’m forever on your ignore list. You said it yourself. I’m so hurt!That, in and of itself, is quite amusing. If it wasnt for the fact that you annoy me, not for the NACHI bashing, but for your lack of knowledge in so many areas, I would have dismissed your rants long ago.

Names from the past, like Jim Morrison and Chad Fabry, actually bring a smile to my face. Not that I agree with them on all levels, but for the fact that both of them are honorable, intelligent, engaging, and a pleasure to speak with. I have more in common with them that I ever will have with you. They have more honesty and integrity in their middle finger than you have in your entire body. How ironic that I compare two NACHI “outsiders” who I have traded rants with on this very board, to you; a NACHI member. Speaks volumes, Joe. Friggin’ volumes. And, in all the barbs and rants traded between these individuals and myself, never a single time did either stoop to the level you did tonight.

I guess Robin summed it up best when he said “Holy smokes, Batman… it’s Twoface!”

** jfarsetta**](http://www.nachi.org/forum/member.php?u=10) This message is hidden because jfarsetta is on your ignore list.:mrgreen:
](http://www.nachi.org/forum/member.php?u=10)
Its gonna be real tough for you to piss me off any more. \:D/](http://www.nachi.org/forum/member.php?u=10)

Not for nothing…but can we get back to the issue…take it off the board…please, both of you!

Harvey,

I agree with you. It wasnt me who started insulting NACHI or others on the board. When I tried to get the discussion back on point, I was met with a threatening PM.

So… back to mold licensing.

Has the issue been raised again, as someone believes? Or, is Gary correct in that the legislation was killed?

Joe F,

Joe B is correct…we’re back in the hot seat. I got the call from EMSL but I could not hear the bill numbers…darn cell…

I believe that they are going the route of IAQ…if you look they are stating no requirements until after July 2006…but after that they get sticky.

The Bill is more about remediation than assessment. The glaring problem is the Governor wanted an alternative to licensure. Allocating $294,000 for licensing is not what the Governor wants.