Foam at soffits

Is this foam sprayed in to close gaps in the soffits? Or is there another purpose?

Looks like foam inserts.

To close the gaps.

Does not appear to be spray foam. Looks like poorly fitting inserts and maybe some large backer rod at the bigger gaps? Is it a mobile ?

Could it be to silence rattle?

Waterfront nice house built in 1997.

To keep pest out.

I doubt it would keep you out… Drumroll… ^^


They left huge gaps in the conversions where squirrels were getting in. They attic was full of berries.

Then for sure Frank Rotte was up there .:stuck_out_tongue: