For Public Consumption

Ministry of Consumer Affairs
Attention: Aimee Skelton
Sr. Policy Advisor
Ministry of Consumer Services

Ms. Skelton:

It was thoughtful of the Ministry to provide this convenient avenue for correspondence with regards to the government’s agenda to license home inspectors in the province of Ontario.

I was impressed with the inclusion of Mr. Mike Holmes in this process! Wow a true to life Canadian TV star!

Possibly Deb Mathews and the Ministry of Health will follow suit and consult with Dr. Phil to clean up the scandals with the Ontario Health Care System?

Now that I have your attention ( or possibly I have lost it completely ) I have a few further inquiries to make of your office and bureaucratic incompetence.

Why was the Prism consultation undertaken? I took part in this so called preliminary inquiry and although at my age I should be immune to government waste my amazement knows no bounds.

The questions to all participants were a canned attempt to obtain information with regards to the multiple associations and their individual views as to licensing. The only thing learned in this bungled interview was the fact that one or two associations favoured licensing!

Was it noted that the controlling principles of those associations were course providers? Of course not! The interviewer did not go into that depth!

As Kevin O’Leary says: “Show me the money!”

Be that as it may, the bottom line is the fact the only people who have an agenda to license home inspectors are, the star of a TV show, the teachers of course material and the providers of inspector course materials.

Oh, and let’s not forget the provincial government who is always looking for another source of revenue.

There is no proven fact that home inspectors should be licensed! The Better Business Bureau and this Ministry have concurred that the complaints against home inspectors are minimal at best.

Let’s take a look at the roofing industry. Anyone can purchase a hammer and install shingles. No building permit required! No minimum training required! No inspections required! Hell they don’t require insurance!

But as a home inspector, we will be required to carry Errors & Omissions Insurance. Now the insurance industry definitely favours licensing as they stand to make millions. “Show me the money!”

Is it the intention to protect the consumer? Nonsense! The consumers of this Province need protection from the Provincial Government!

Possibly you could help protect the consumer by getting to the bottom of the Ornge scandal, the Gas Plant Scandal, or maybe the E – Health scandal!

How about the tax on our electric bills? You know, the one that tells us we are paying off the debt of Ontario Hydro? Oh, yes, the one that was paid in full a couple of years ago! Maybe auto emissions and what is next, mandatory snow tires like Quebec?

Now, should you really desire to protect the consumer how about a police inquiry with teeth in it? Let’s lay some charges and put a bunch of Liberal clowns in jail for fleecing the public of the Province of Ontario.

Maybe, just maybe, there will be an election before the end of the year and this incompetent bunch of crooks will be replaced with an honest form of government. Hopefully this will include some senior bureaucrats!

Bottom line is that I am 73 years of age, a retired homebuilder who started his career with Central Mortgage and Housing. I have been in the real estate and construction industry for over 45 years and when licensing comes into effect, I will be out of here!

Should this letter still be in your hands, I thank you for reading, but I seriously doubt comprehending.

Bryce Jeffrey
Home Inspector with an FFYE
(forty-five years experience)

You don’t honestly expect a response to that attack, do you?

A response from an overpaid bureaucrat? Never!

I think you should have addressed it to David as well.

It took a bit to track down but this lends right into what Bryce is saying.

Bryce, I hear your angst with respect to the insurance, but sending attack letters to someone you don’t know, and then to augment that attack with the assumption she is an overpaid Bureaucrat is a bit off.

Aimee is a nice young lady who is doing a job in the civil service, not a funded politician. Most Civil servants are not highly paid, and the work is downright unthankfull as they have to do work demanded of them by politicians who are led by lobbyists.

If you want to attack someone attack the insurers through the Insurance Board of Canada. Attacking the Civil Servants will just succeed in burning the very bridges we need to build to reign in rampant profiteering by the insurance pyramids.

Just my 10¢.

Bridges are already on fire. I personally believe all middle level bureaucrats are overpaid. Get a government job and set for life. By the way I vote Conservative.

Heck at my age I can say anything I want! I just don’t slander anyone. Overpaid, you bet they are (in my opinion) and as always:

Just my opinion