Formal and Public Apology to Joe Farsetta

Originally Posted By: hgordon
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Mr. Farsetta,

Please accept this public apology from me for what seems to have become a freight train out of control.

I have never sought to disrespect you and if at any time in any of my email correspondence to you I have done just that, I ask again that you please forgive me.

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Don’t worry about it Harvey. One thing about NACHI that is different is that we fight. We fight amongst ourselves. We fight via email. We fight via I.M.'s We fight on this message board. It’s usually healthy and it’s how we get things done.

Having spent the past weekend with Robert Brown and John Bowman... (the two fought almost constantly) I can attest that the system works.

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: tallen

gromicko wrote:
Don't worry about it Harvey. One thing about NACHI that is different is that we fight. We fight amongst ourselves. We fight via email. We fight via I.M.'s We fight on this message board. It's usually healthy and it's how we get things done.

Aint' it the truth

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: cnordby

Well Harvey…I didn’t see your fight…but I admire those who apologize. It takes a good soul to say they are sorry on a public forum. eusa_clap.gif

SafeHOME

Seattle, WA.

www.signsbycheryl.freeservers.com

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I have remained silent on the issue, and will remain that way, except for the following comment, Cheryl…

All you say is absolutely true, providing the apology made was heartfelt and genuine; not contrived

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: jbushart

jfarsetta wrote:
All you say is absolutely true, providing the apology made was heartfelt and genuine; not contrived

Good answer, Joe.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: jmurphy1

If we don’t have a big fight and a lot of name calling in here at least once a week I start worrying about people.

Harvey I think you have a reputation of being one the most honest and knowledgeable guys in here who's gone out of his way to help other people.

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

The way that Joe Farsetta, and James Bushart’s posts read they almost leave room for the apology not to be sincere. What is up with that, you either accept it or not, be real and say which it is.

bkelly1 wrote:
The way that Joe Farsetta, and James Bushart's posts read they almost leave room for the apology not to be sincere. What is up with that, you either accept it or not, be real and say which it is.

I personally feel that it was self serving and provided in an attempt to repair the damage that his (Harvey's) statements on other threads did to the image and reputation that he has created for himself which John Murphy referred to. This is my opinion. Thank you for asking.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: gbell

Jim B

I personally feel that you have not been a member long enough to make an intelligent decision in this matter. You have no experience with Harvey other than through this board.

I would also have to say that everything you do is self serving.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Quote:
jfarsetta wrote: jbushart

bkelly1 wrote:
Why not just say it, or better yet go to him personally, or better yet not say anything at all? Why does everything around here have to be a conspiracy. If your not involved in one, you want to start another one?

Ben,

You asked me to clarify a response I made to Joe's post. I did. I stand by it.

Why are you bringing up "conspiracy"? What is your "conspiracy" theory to this topic? I know of none.

--

www.monachi.org

Leave alot to the imagination, why would it be contrived?

hgordon wrote:
Mr. Farsetta

Please accept this public apology from me for what seems to have become a freight train out of control.

I have never sought to disrespect you and if at any time in any of my email correspondence to you I have done just that, I ask again that you please forgive me.

Let me see if I can make my position on this matter more clear than I have, since some newer members (Greg Bell) seems to feel that seniority somewhow improves judgment...

The above "apology" from Harvey appears in the public section of our board and it addresses private "email" correspondence that Harvey sent Joe.

Now, if Harvey had posted something offensive, it would make sense to post his apology so that all who read his offensive comments would be aware that he was retracting them.

To publicly apologize for something said in private and confidential correspondence simply brings to everyone's attention that Harvey sent offensive correspondence to Joe. Why would Harvey want to do that if he was truly sorry for sending it and truly sorry for what it said?

A phone call or email, in private, to apologize for the private offense would be deemed more sincere, more appropriate, and very less political.

Secondly, in the alleged public apology, Harvey mentions an "if" regarding the email correspondence. He states he did not mean to be disrespectful and "if" he was, he asks for forgiveness. By this, he fails to take responsibility for his offense - he did not mean to be, but possibly Joe took it to be, disrespectful. For this, he dramatically and publicly humbles himself for something he does not acknowledge as having done? It's a little overboard.

Of course, Joe Farsetta is the man he offended and to whom he directed his apology. If Joe feels it to be sincere, which he apparently does not, then it is a done deal.

--

www.monachi.org

icon_rolleyes.gif

I give up.

Originally Posted By: aslimack

What the hell, i thought i was on the “Canadian Forum”…

Adam, A Plus

lol

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Ben,

MY apologies for even commenting on the matter. I was replying to Cheryl. My response was not meant to be cryptic in any way. It is, what it is.

The apology was sent to me, in a public forum, by Harvey Gordon. My response was in kind to Harvey, by way of Cheryl; as she was the party making the comment.

I did not comment directly to Harvey's post. I do not feel it is appropriate to in this forum, and will attempt to coment no further.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: hgordon

jfarsetta wrote:

Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:18 PM
To: Harvey Gordon
...I would expect a formal apology. I suspect I can wait for that until the cows come home.

Upon receipt of Mr Farsetta's request that I FORMALLY APOLOGIZE to him, I did just that...both in an email as well as on the board, as he asked for PUBLIC APOLOGY...hence the Topic Name "Formal and Public Apology to Joe Farsetta."

In an email to Joe:
hgordon wrote:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:58 PM
To: joe farsetta
...I hope that if I in some way offended you, you will forgive me for my actions.

James, I truly do not care about your "stamp of approval" and I echo at this point all concerns that it would seem that you have again managed to turn something intended to show humility and respect, into something dirty and distasteful...and yes, seemingly self serving on your part...you have already caught the eyes of those you seek to impress...now can you simply go away...I don't think Joe F requires you following him from post to post "Showing him" that you "care about him".

Now let me see James your reaction to truth. On the one hand you could try to slime your polluted rants, or on the other you could simply choose to say you are sorry. Any way you choose, is the same with me...and at this point I would think those who read your posts.

My actions were honorable and I again say it:

Joe, I ask again that you please forgive me.

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org